Racist Ulster Loyalists fly KKK flag in east Belfast

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is plenty of racism in all parts of our country including in both NI and Scotland, but some people with an identity politics agenda only latch onto those incidents that fit their narrow prejudices and can be used to promote their divisive agenda.

There is plenty of racism in all parts of our country including in both NI and Scotland, but some people with an identity politics agenda only latch onto those incidents that fit their narrow prejudices and can be used to promote their divisive agenda.

*sweep sweep sweep*

How many KKK flags are being used as part, if the BT is to believed, a Loyalist group linked campaign of race-hate, anywhere else in the UK?

How many people have been murdered by political groups based on sectarianism and 300 year old battles in the last 50 years, anywhere else in the UK?

Be sure to address the issues this time instead of engaging in more sad and utterly desperate whataboutery.

Disgusting racism is still alive in a country just across the sea, but nah - let's focus on the wording of a thread title.

There's nobody (on this thread) defending the idiots who put up this flag.

Bonus question: LLL claims in a truly tear-stained manner that a 'narrow identity politics agenda' is mysteriously behind the revelation that Norn Ireland is a horrible, bigoted cesspool. Unfortunately for that otherwise terrific sob-story, the OP wasn't published by a Scottish or indeed an Irish nationalist source - but rather the Belfast Telegraph.

Does the Belfast Telegraph hold a narrow, identity politics based agenda against the, err, Belfast and Norn Irish community?

Because it's a largely unmoderated fitba board filled with sociopaths. If you genuinely want reasoned political debate on this go to Slugger O'Toole.

I read that almost daily, alongside the LAD satire blog (google Loyalists against Democracy if you haven't heard of it- it is hilarious, the funniest NI site since the old Portadown News closed)

There have been a couple of good NI threads on here which haven't been a shitfest so quickly as this one.

Because it's a largely unmoderated fitba board filled with sociopaths. If you genuinely want reasoned political debate on this go to Slugger O'Toole.

Or because people such as yourself would rather engage in whatabouttery and deflection rather address the issues at hand.

You were the one who dragged Scottish independence into it ffs.

OK like what? Some wee cretin puts a flag up overnight that quickly gets taken down when people realise what it is. There would only be a genuinely newsworthy story in any of this if it had stayed up for a prolonged period of time with the tacit support of a significant number of local people like the parachute regiment flag did in Londonderry a few months ago. People are latching onto this because it fits their prejudices and serves their agenda.

What's with the stock response troll patter? I thought teachers were supposed to be intelligent?

He's a teacher?

:lol::lol:

Yep.

:lol:

^^^ Actually crying

I read that almost daily, alongside the LAD satire blog (google Loyalists against Democracy if you haven't heard of it- it is hilarious, the funniest NI site since the old Portadown News closed)

There have been a couple of good NI threads on here which haven't been a shitfest so quickly as this one.

Maybe because in those threads - which quite frankly I can't recall :lol: - there was actually something to debate.

There's nothing to debate here - the KKK flag was taken down, those who put it up were condemned by politicians of all hues, including First Minister Peter Robinson - and not one poster has condoned or excused the people who put it up.

OK like what? Some wee cretin puts a flag up overnight that quickly gets taken down when people realise what it is. There would only be a genuinely newsworthy story in any of this if it had stayed up for a prolonged period of time with the tacit support of a significant number of local people like the parachute regiment flag did in Londonderry last summer. People are latching onto this because it fits their prejudices and serves their agenda.

The Belfast Telegraph clearly deems it to be a newsworthy story - seeing as it has published the article as part of an increasingly documented campaign of race hate by Loyalist groups in Belfast. So the onus is on you to finally answer the question as to why they're wrong to do so and to outline their grand, malevolent 'agenda' for doing so.

Try not to attempt yet more wild deflection in your answer.

Gaz should have responded to the "you're a teacher?" question by uncoiling his bullwhip and saying "part time".

Actually devastated that I never thought of this, TBH.

Not sure what me being a teacher has to do with how I respond on a messageboard in the first place, but each to their own, I guess.

Archived