FAO Older Posters

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is absolutely true, not 'heard' from some guy in the boozer. A few years ago a mate of mine ended up in a 'situation'. He was living in a cabin in Faslane and after a night of heavy drinking went back to his cabin and spied a 'Henry the hoover' sat there all slutty like. He decied to become 'intimate' with Henry but feel asleep halfway through, Henry started smoking and set off the fire alarm. My mate was awoken by the MOD fire brigade breaking in his cabin door still with Henry hanging off him. He was billed for a new door and was infamous for a while. We need something better than that !

Similar story with a guy in our work – found passed out in the cupboard under the stairs after a party with its attachment still attached to his "attachment”.

Wee J. Edgar as he was known forevermore never lived it down.

I never bought with the thrill of being underage. :(

I was however lucky enough to be 18 with ID whilst still at school. Turns out landlords (and your underage classmates also there) aren't too keen on folk drinking in their school uniform though.

I think the first pint of Carlsberg I ever purchased in the Watering Hole was £1.80.

How can everyone here remember the exact price of their first pint? Did you all get 'Welcome to Manhood' certificates off the barmen or something? :huh:

Probably because we were all underage and bricking it.

I remember the first time I bought a pint better than the first time I had sex, although to be fair that's probably because drinking the pint lasted a lot longer.

I paid 25p for a pint of Heineken and 33p for a pint of Stella on a Thursday after we got our pay packet. That was in The Red Lion in Blantyre where me, an Aberdonian and two Fifers were staying in digs when attending the British Gas training centre in Uddingston. We were all 16 years old, f**k knows how the barman understood us, the accents were pretty thick then.

Another reason you remember the price is because you studied it rather than have to chat to the barman, there were no mobiles to stare at so no helpful props, just you, your pound note, your plooks and your squeeky voice.

Great days. :lol:

Archived