Days Until The Next Dundee Administration Prediction Thread

Not to put a dampener on this thread, but Killie had 32 players play for them last season. We have a squad of 22, 4 of which are young players, 3 from our own youth system. So 18 players on real wages, nearly HALF that of Killie last season. With a larger average crowd (I'd bet), plus getting the big 3 draws at home twice guaranteed, we're actually doing decent on wages I'd assume.

Then again, people here can't comprehend numbers it seems, quite like our past boards / owners.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

World Cup quarters this weekend. Hopefully some talent on display we should be looking to snap up. The boy Di Maria at Argentina or Hulk at Brazil are reasonable targets that we could afford now that Scot Gardiner's wage has been freed up

I think as soon as Dundee make a half decent signing for evermore there'll be calls of 'ADMIN 3!!!!!'

Tbf you sort of deserve that for being careless and reckless enough to let it happen twice.

I don't think anyone actually believes it though. Your spending for this season seems completely sensible for a club of your size but as you say your embarrassing history will follow you for a while yet I imagine.

Not to put a dampener on this thread, but Killie had 32 players play for them last season. We have a squad of 22, 4 of which are young players, 3 from our own youth system. So 18 players on real wages, nearly HALF that of Killie last season.

It was actually 33. That would be a great point if Killie actually had that many players on our books at any given time and if none of our players were "young players". 14 of those guys were U21, and we used 12 players from our youth system.

I've been concerned since the Americans came in and am one of the few who voted against them.

I hope all suppliers are keeping the regime on tight financial terms, when you serve a business who have been in Administration twice and you lose money because it happens a third time there is no one to blame but yourself.

I wouldn't really say this is a 'when' question but there has to be a possibility.

No season ticket anymore, after 20 years of between 2 and 5 tickets and a fairly serious cutback in other spending at the club - hospitality, sponsorship etc - although that might be reconsidered after recent events.

I hope all suppliers are keeping the regime on tight financial terms, when you serve a business who have been in Administration twice and you lose money because it happens a third time there is no one to blame but yourself.

I think you will find the blame solely relies with those who do not pay for the services. Your logic is apologist bullshit.

craigkillie, on 02 Jul 2014 - 12:45, said:craigkillie, on 02 Jul 2014 - 12:45, said:

It was actually 33. That would be a great point if Killie actually had that many players on our books at any given time and if none of our players were "young players". 14 of those guys were U21, and we used 12 players from our youth system.

To be fair, Kris Boyd's wage would have been near double what most of our players are on, would he have not?

Casual Bystander, on 02 Jul 2014 - 12:52, said:

I think you will find the blame solely relies with those who do not pay for the services. Your logic is apologist bullshit.

So Calum Melville, Bob Brannan and the Marrs brothers. None of which have anything to do with Dundee FC anymore.

Oh dear.

There's a point being missed here. A point so large that it will rock the foundations of earth. A point so large that you don't even know it's happening yet. The truth is, we are already in administration.

It all started after our second dabble with death. The date was the 12th of May 2011 and it was a warm Spring afternoon. We'd steadied what appeared to be a sinking ship, securing the future of the club we all loved, but safety breeds boredom in the City of Discovery. As the hours passed, the sun crept slowly over Dens park and an unsettling mood began to sweep our boardroom. Days turned into weeks and weeks into months, yet the feeling remained. Players and managers came and went, yet one thing remained; a distinct lack of financial negligence.

You see, we'd grown to embrace it, almost thrive off of our dramatic dance with the devil. That's when, with a perfectly balanced bank-sheet and clean bill of health, we decided to empty our budget on one fun-filled day at Codonas Amusement Park and a subscription to Netflix.

We don't know what the future has in store for us, but we're an adventurous bunch. We walk this path alone; peerless and unafraid, our message of fiscal disdain spreading from the tattie-fields of St Johnstone to the apocalyptic crash-site warzone that is Celtic Park.

We are administration and you better fucking prepare for it's consequences.

I've been concerned since the Americans came in and am one of the few who voted against them.

I wouldn't really say this is a 'when' question but there has to be a possibility.

No season ticket anymore, after 20 years of between 2 and 5 tickets and a fairly serious cutback in other spending at the club - hospitality, sponsorship etc - although that might be reconsidered after recent events.

Cracking supporter.

To be fair, Kris Boyd's wage would have been near double what most of our players are on, would he have not?

No idea. He wasn't at Killie for the money (he turned down more lucrative offers elsewhere), but I'm sure he wasn't on pennies.

Better watch out, the thick c***s will start stalking you all over the Internet :1eye

I feel your pain bro.

I would be gutted about my Facebook details being revealed as well if I had a big stupid, sweaty, paedo looking moonface.

I feel your pain bro.

I would be gutted about my Facebook details being revealed as well if I had a big stupid, sweaty, paedo looking moonface.

Watch out Dee Man, he'll go running to teacher again, and you'll get put on the naughty step.

Archived