Anyone afraid of their holes?

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Trypophobia - the fear of patterned holes - is less an actually recognised pathological condition, and more an internet meme popularised by spammers making rank, trippy photoshop images involving lotus seed pods on human skin.

1-262x300.jpg

Nevertheless, studies have been done into it (disclaimer: very possibly internet nonsense) and apparently 16% of people show symptoms of fear and repulsion at even organic images of clustered holes, such as the lotus pod itself.

enhanced-buzz-30961-1378936296-8.jpg

enhanced-buzz-2749-1378936299-7.jpg

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/trypophobia-is-a-real-terrifying-thing-and-you-definitely-ha

I know how mental this sounds but that tree makes me properly muggy.png

Is everyone on P&B in the 84%?

a bit off topic but i used to have a completely irrational fear of looking up at tall buildings when i was younger, dosent bother me now but it used to terrify me and f**k knows why, think it might be due to me being afraid of heights in a way.

That baby skull one has always freaked me out. I wasn't too keen on the strawberry either (I'm not even sure why) but otherwise I can't get my head around anyone being seriously worried by it.

Honeycomb for me. Freaked me out for years. Really don't know what it is about the stuff as Bees really don't bother me. But if it comes up on the tv I have to look away. Even thinking about it just now is making me uncomfortable :(

I was fine until the stretch marks, although I'd classify that as "someone's skin fucking disintegrating" rather than "hole".

She must've ate like a fucking horse to get stretch marks like that. Some pregnant woman are greedy b*****ds that use the baby as an excuse to try to get as big as jabba the hutt.

The ceiling tiles in hospitals that look like they've been chewed through by several thousand wee beasties have always upset me. And then I read a report that said there was maggots falling from the roof in the hospital in Elgin. f**k hospital ceilings

Now that I know that they are fakes and not really perforated skin with beasties living in them, they don't bother me that much.

Take a fairly twisted mind to sit and make them up, though.

Archived