The big picture

boabinoban

Hello folks. New to this forum. Stumbled across it through looking for a decent independence debate to see how the lie of the land is. Anyway here's my first spiel:

My take on independence:

UK politics is broken. Scotland's is worse. The tories haven't had a voice in over a generation and are pretty much a tainted irrelevance in this country. Labour are just as bad. Within a generation they have completely changed their entire raison d'etre and moved from the left to the right. Any person who says "I've voted Labour all my life and will continue to do so" is an idiot. We have Miliband saying he will "govern like Maggie", threatening to put border controls up. So since Thatcher we've had a void in the political spectrum where the traditional right of centre party has been wiped out, then the traditional left has moved to right. This is a total mess.

We've had the most laughable No campaign. A total shambles where the Yes camp have hardly had to say anything because of all the scaremongering, negativity and buffoonery.

On top of all this we have HS and HS2. So we are expected to pay for these things while if we vote yes they want to put up border controls?

Nuclear weapons - we didn't ask for them to be put in our country. The MoD stopped oil exploration in the Firth of Clyde because it could interfere with the subs. Servicing Trident costs £2.4bn a year. Replacing Trident could cost up to £130bn. All this while we have to suffer austerity measures. We face being plunged into even more debt for these weapons, which we replaced in Loch Long because the collateral damage after an accident in Scotland would be more acceptable than if they were in for example Portsmouth.

The UK is changing. Rapidly.

The independence debate is just one part of the bigger picture. And things seem to be taking a turn for the sinister in some areas. The BBC in particular. A public funded body that is meant to be impartial. It has been accused of bias. Here is one rather disturbing example:

http://m.thedrum.com/opinion/2014/06/30/i-was-bullied-bbc-over-academic-report-indyref-bias-scottish-media-blackout-must?utm_content=bufferf5cd8&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Then you add to that the scanadlous 'coverage' of the march and demonstration in London against austerity. WTF is going on here?

All of this and I've not even mentioned oil.

I was a disenchanted non-voter because I didn't see anything worth voting for. If there is anything in life voting for it is the chance to change this country. Unfortunately for unionists who may also feel that there is a need for change to the political system in Scotland, the only way that can happen is with a Yes vote.

Europe: We have been a member since its inception. Also I don't see it in any of the current member state's interest to stop a country with vast fishing territory along with the other trading benefits that come from EU membership.

The pound. It's as much ours as anyone else's. The Bank of England is such in name only. We have our share in this and it is not England's to tell us otherwise.

All of this has been an epiphany for me. Hopefully the rest of Scotland will wake up from its political slumber and see the light. Even if Scotland does vote No, the independence debate will not go away. There have been too many people that have woken up and are demanding change. And ye kin stick yer Devo Max!

these are the facts as I see them. Feel free to prove otherwise. I'm not here to fall out with anyone or cause trouble. Slainte mhath![/qufuck.

Go and vote SNP then you brainless f**k.

Learn to use the quote function ya brainless f**k.?

It's the same thing.

f**k off. It isn't.

Edited to add.......it's been at least a week since I gave a Helen but your inability to be able to quote and your daft confusion between 'yes' and 'SNP' definitely deserves one.

f**k off. It isn't.

Edited to add.......it's been at least a week since I gave a Helen but your inability to be able to quote and your daft confusion between 'yes' and 'SNP' definitely deserves one.

f**k off. It isn't.

Nobody asked for your opinion. SNP need independence for full powers as they will never get into power in Westminster where all the proper parties get to work.

Don't know why I return to this forum the outcome is inevitable anyway. #VOTENO2014

Well don't return then! A sociopathic teenager who has no life experience and who spouts more shite than the morning after a vindaloo isn't exactly required.

Do one, child.

Don't know why I return to this forum the outcome is inevitable anyway. #VOTENO2014

Awww diddums :bairn Away and learn some communication skills, and maybe learn how to use the quote option while you're at it you brainless f**k.

Archived