Last Man Standing 2014 champion is Distant Doonhamer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqcLjcSloXs

We’ve entered July and that means I’m officially opening up this year’s Last Man Standing tournament! Most of you will know what to do but if you’re a newbie then rules are below. You have plenty of time to make your first picks but they must be in by 11:30am on Saturday 9th August or you will be unable to compete this season.

Last Man Standing is a game in which you pick one of the 42 Scottish sides each week that you believe will win. If that team does win-great! You remain through to the following week. If that team draws or loses however-you're out! If you are still in, however, the next week you can't pick that team again. The Last Man Standing will be the winner!

Last year's champion was roverthemoon!

As in previous years, the Last Man Standing will get £10 of my own money donated to the charity of their choice. Once again, I will be accepting PayPal donations from players if they wish to do so. Any money raised in this way will be added to the charity prize pot. Therefore, if I get £20 from players then the overall prize will be £30 and so on. THIS IS ENTIRELY OPTIONAL. If no one donates the prize will be £10 as usual.

THE PAYPAL ACCOUNT IS "PHILBINPAR10@YAHOO.CO.UK"

Rules:

Your first entry must be in by 11:30am on Saturday 9th August. That's the cut off point for entries. You must post in one of the four divisional threads each week (providing you have survived the previous week) and pick another team for the following week. Just remember you can't pick a team you have already used previously.

Weekend Scottish fixtures only (Saturday, Sunday and Monday). I will have the fixtures ready on the Thursday before each weekend. If there is a full fixture list during the week, then there will be a game round during that week.

Win only! Draw or lose and you're out.

You can only pick each team once. So keep track of which teams you have already picked. You can pick a team that someone else has already picked. It just means you can't pick that team again. I will also keep a track of your picked teams.

If everyone remaining is knocked out in the same weekend, they will be put back in for the next week until we have a winner.

In the unlikely event of postponements, you will stay until the next week but you will be unable to pick that team again.

For those that haven't picked by the cut-off point they will be knocked out. This ensures only committed players continue to play.

If you have any questions, please ask Best of luck to everybody!

The fixtures for the opening weekend are listed below. You don't have to make your prediction just now but have a look and see if any take your fancy. Please remember to choose a charity that you want your £10 to go to if you should end up winning, alongside your first choice.

REMEMBER, WE ONLY COVER GAMES SATURDAY, SUNDAY & MONDAY. IF A GAME IS MOVED TO FRIDAY FOR EXAMPLE, THEN IT WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE GAMEWEEK.

Gameweek 7

Premiership

Saturday

St Mirren vs Celtic
Aberdeen vs Inverness CT
Dundee United vs St Johnstone
Kilmarnock vs Partick Thistle
Motherwell vs Hamilton
Ross County vs Dundee
Championship
Saturday
Cowdenbeath vs Queen of the South
Dumbarton vs Alloa Athletic
Raith Rovers vs Falkirk
Sunday
Hearts vs Livingston
Monday
Rangers vs Hibernian
League One
Saturday
Ayr United vs Airdrieonians
Dunfermline vs Peterhead
Forfar Athletic vs Brechin City
Stenhousemuir vs Greenock Morton
Stranraer vs Stirling Albion
League Two
Saturday
Albion Rovers vs East Stirling
Arbroath vs Elgin City
Clyde vs Annan Athletic
Montrose vs East Fife
Queens Park vs Berwick Rangers

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posting because I've had a couple of PM's about the topic....

I should have mentioned in the OP (and will go edit it now) that if you do indeed wish to make a donation, then the Paypal account is "philbinpar10@yahoo.co.uk" All money that is raised will go towards the charity chosen by the eventual winner. I will be putting £10 of my own money up and that is the minimum prize. The pot will get bigger with the more people that donate.

Please don't feel obliged to put your hand in your pocket however. We only do this as it seemed like a good way of raising some extra cash for charity while people have fun with the game. Every £1 extra is a massive bonus and thanks to those who have already said they will donate. However, if you just want to pick your teams every week, well, that's great too.

Cheers gang.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived