What is your favourite away day?

Love Partick away, been to Firhill numerous times and always a great welcome in Munns Vaults before the game.

Kilmarnock, Aberdeen, St. Mirren and Motherwell decent away days too. Hamilton is up and down in recent years but 2 good trips last season and hopefully a good one again this season.

Never seen us win at Inverness but the trip is always good. Dingwall, Mallard is good but never really enjoy going to Victoria Park, especially now there's no terracing behind the goal.

Even though the stadium is closer to my house than Dens, United's obviously my favourite away day dependent on the result!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tynecastle is always fun. Good atmosphere and pie no to bad either. Good banter with the hearts fans too.

St mirren is good aswell because we always take a big crowd but there's not much in terms of pubs nearby. The spoons next to the station is decent though.

Plenty of pubs if you know where to look! 5 minute walk from the station is The Bull Inn. Can't recommend it enough! 7 Girrafes on tap as well. ;)

Of the nearby trips, Killie went up in my estimation last year purely due to the discovery of the Brass and Granite, and probably also the fact we won that day so that's probably top. Trip to Paisley has some good pubs as well but the view from low down behind the goal is guff. I don't mind Hamilton as much as most other people so looking forward to going back there. Motherwell is OK and Celtic is obviously dreadful.

Of the far away ones, I used to prefer Dingwall to Inverness (the latter being a fucking trek from the station and there never being enough transport back in afterwards) but haven't been since they seated the away end, which I'd imagine will make a difference. Looking forward to Aberdeen trip this year after not getting to go last year.

Of the rest, I can't see me ever being a fan of St Johnstone as an away day after many trips in the past, and with four Dundee trips pre-split I'll probably go to one each.

Plenty of pubs if you know where to look! 5 minute walk from the station is The Bull Inn. Can't recommend it enough! 7 Girrafes on tap as well. ;)

Five minutes!!?! You a mutant? Ten minutes at least at a quick strolling pace. Best pub in Paisley by a long mile though and worth the stroll.

Btw question for Saints fans. Is the pub named The Buddies any good? It's basically next to my flat and would be convenient when Thistle visit. Looks a bit rough and ready though.

It's not a bad day by any stretch, it just doesn't stand out. Only minus marks I can give it is that Motherwell as a place is pretty shite.

Five minutes!!?! You a mutant? Ten minutes at least at a quick strolling pace. Best pub in Paisley by a long mile though and worth the stroll.

Btw question for Saints fans. Is the pub named The Buddies any good? It's basically next to my flat and would be convenient when Thistle visit. Looks a bit rough and ready though.

Call it evens? :lol:

oSJUrmh.png

ETA: The Buddies isn't awful. if you had a few mates I'm sure it would be fine like most places are. I'm sure you've noticed that Paisley's west end isn't much like the Glasgow equivalent but...

The past two seasons the best away day was Inverness. 5-0 in the Cup and the fancy dress 1-2 in the penultimate game of 2012/2013.

Aberdeen's always good because of the atmosphere. First game of next season should be magnificent. We should take 2500+ if we go by last season for Partick away.

Call it evens? :lol:

oSJUrmh.png

ETA: The Buddies isn't awful. if you had a few mates I'm sure it would be fine like most places are. I'm sure you've noticed that Paisley's west end isn't much like the Glasgow equivalent but...

You know I'm a total idiot as i misread your post as saying The Bull was five minutes walk from the stadium. You're right, f**k Google maps it's a five minute walk from the station.

Paisley's west end is the only west end of any city/town where it gets worse.

I am looking forward to Inverness and Dingwall next season naturally but there aren't too many I don't enjoy however St Mirren park leaves a lot to be desired in terms of the day out. Doesn't seem to be much around the ground at all. Nice enough stadium and facilities though.

Archived