What is your favourite away day?

Edinburgh really is king for an away trip. St Mirren for convenience factor. Despite what other people think I actually like Killie away. It's not far but enough time for cans on train, pubs are good and the greatest football pie of all.

Raging.....Think we have the best pies in football!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tbf I've still yet to make Dingwall but I have heard very good things. Hoping to make the trip this season.

Would agree with this, the haggis one is excellent.

Would echo the above. Haggis Pie comfortably outclassed the Killie Pie last season for me. Best pie by a mile that Ross County Haggis Pie.

Always enjoyed the trips to tynecastle. Always a good atmosphere and you're right on top of the pitch, with the steep stands.

But saying that, cappielow is good for the banter. You still get a good crowd for the Renfrewshire cup final, even though it's just a glorified training session.

Inverness was the best but restrictions on boozing on the train have ended that. Worst has to be Kilmarnock.

Agree with you on Kilmarnock being one of the worst. Mostly for the fact that Rugby park is like a morgue. 4,000 fans in a 18,000+ stadium, you could hear a mouse fart from the other side of the pitch. Plus, it always seems to be raining haha.

Tynecastle is always fun. Good atmosphere and pie no to bad either. Good banter with the hearts fans too.

St mirren is good aswell because we always take a big crowd but there's not much in terms of pubs nearby. The spoons next to the station is decent though.

Tynecastle is always fun. Good atmosphere and pie no to bad either. Good banter with the hearts fans too.

The only pie I've had at Tynecastle was the Steak and it was utterly shite. Like burning dog food in a dry and tasteless pastry cell of bleak.

altho hearts are my Scottish team I live in England and go to "home " games when I do a bit of walking

done celtic/rangers/east fife/Berwick and Greenock Morton in last year (Morton was a bit pish on a tuesday night mind)

What are the grounds (with plenty of pubs nearby) I need to be visiting next season? ps hearts don't need to be the opposition

Archived