What is your favourite away day?

What is your favourite away game of the season and why?

Is there a particular game you always look out for?

Any drunken and embarrassing tales?

My personal favourite is Inverness. The ground might not be up to much but the town is fantastic and I look out for it first every season. If it's a 3pm Saturday kick off we normally take a decent support and the pubs are great fun before hand. Apart from a few missed trains home, nothing stupid has really ever happened but I always have a great drunken time in Inverness and I'm looking forward to it this season already.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked Tynecastle. From teams in this league I had a great away day a years back to St Johnstone when we drew 0-0 the year they won the league. Went through with some mates who normally don't like scottish football but we all just had a laugh, so that was good, even if it was one of the worst games of football I've ever witnessed...

QoS is normally a great away day as well. Went through with my dad for the cup quarters in 2008 and with a mate last year, good journey, long enough to get a few tins in. You can have a good walk around Dumfries and explore the pubs there, before making your way to the ground. I also really liked Arbroath which I went to last season to see match against Brechin as I was desperate to get a football fix whilst I was in the country. Nice friendly people on both sides and an entertaining game followed a nice chipper.

Like JJ I was a fan of the Dumfries trip, in the past I've liked County's ground but not been since its been 'done up' so thats probably the one I'm looking forward too most this season. Pain in the arse to get back from on the train, I think the next one's not until quarter past seven after the match, that was a while ago it might have changed. Hopefully find out this season again.

Overall Queen of the South is the best trip for me. Ideal travelling time away from Glasgow for an away game and plenty of decent pubs. Only thing that would make it better is being in the terracing, shame it will only be open for Rangers, Hearts and Hibs it would seem.

In this league there's not many I don't enjoy, even the nearby ones like St Mirren and Hamitlon we can just have a few drinks in Glasgow then jump on the train so are hardly terrible. Aberdeen we never really had much of a chance to have a proper away day as our only trip there was a Monday night so looking forward to there next season most but my favourite would have to be Ross County.

Like JJ I was a fan of the Dumfries trip, in the past I've liked County's ground but not been since its been 'done up' so thats probably the one I'm looking forward too most this season. Pain in the arse to get back from on the train, I think the next one's not until quarter past seven after the match, that was a while ago it might have changed. Hopefully find out this season again.

Best to jump on the bus from Dingwall to Inverness right after the game, means you can be on the train back to Perth to change at quarter to 7 when you'd still be in Dingwall if waiting for the next train after the game.

Best to jump on the bus from Dingwall to Inverness right after the game, means you can be on the train back to Perth to change at quarter to 7 when you'd still be in Dingwall if waiting for the next train after the game.

Cheers for the heads up, suspect a bus/bladder combination might make it tricky though, I wonder if you can get Tena lady 'just for men' ?

Cheers for the heads up, suspect a bus/bladder combination might make it tricky though, I wonder if you can get Tena lady 'just for men' ?

The bus takes about half an hour tops and leaves from outside the County Tavern so easy enough to jump in for a pish before it leaves.

The bus takes about half an hour tops and leaves from outside the County Tavern so easy enough to jump in for a pish before it leaves.

Cheers bruv, sounds like a definite option if we're not running a supporters bus.

Dumfries is a personal favourite too. No terrible trips last season apart from the Monday night fixture in Aberdeen but that was more down to too much Stella and getting soundly beaten on the park.

Hearts and Hibs away days will be missed.

I never made any of the highland trips last sesson but I'll make the effort this year. My personal favourite was probably the win down at Rugby Park. So I guess ICT, County and Kilmarnock in no particular order.

Personal favourites are Hibs and Hearts. Jump into the Last Post in Paisley for an early lunch and a pint, train to Glasgow, jump to the shops for some drink, 45min train to Edinburgh. Get some cans in on the train, and then go find a pub to sit in. In the game last Season at Easter Road where we were 3-0 up at half time I was so smashed I thought I was going to die.

Kille and Thistle are excellent days too. Killie is great for Killie Pies and the Brass n Granite.

Edinburgh really is king for an away trip. St Mirren for convenience factor. Despite what other people think I actually like Killie away. It's not far but enough time for cans on train, pubs are good and the greatest football pie of all.

Good to see Fir Park comfortably making nobodies list thus far. :lol:

It's not a bad day by any stretch, it just doesn't stand out. Only minus marks I can give it is that Motherwell as a place is pretty shite.

Good to see Fir Park comfortably making nobodies list thus far. :lol:

There's no grounds that I don't really like, even Cowdenbeath's stock car circuit has a certain charm (and for me its fairly close). The only football day out's that I have a problem with are visits to OF grounds, I've moaned about it before but the police searches going in etc I just find completely OTT, the stewards inside are no better, you're just presumed to be dodgy. Its not the grounds as such more the oppressive attitude, its a shame because they're both good grounds.

Tynecastle is my favourite. Cracking stadium,a few good pubs nearby and we normally bring a big crowd by our standards.

Sounds ridiculous since they are our rivals but ICT is probably my worst awayday (maybe on par with Celtic). Stadium is ages away from any decent pubs, it always seems to rain and the stadium itself holds absolutely no atmostphere even when it's fairly full and everyone is singing. Post-match Inverness is a good night out though around the pubs as long as you don't go anywhere near the nightclubs.

Can't say I've ever had a bad away day, they're all good in their own way. The worst is Celtic but you can always make a decent day of it.

Motherwell has been great recently because of the numbers we take and our recent record down there.

Edinburgh, Dundee - always great.

Inverness is good as well.

Glasgow is probably bottom of my list tbh, the rest are superb if you go to the right places with a good crowd.

Favourite is probably Hearts though.

Archived