Mexico V Netherlands

Enigma

The first game today. I fully expect a win for the Dutch, I think they'll play in the spirit and with the confidence they showed in the first game v Spain. I'll be supporting Mexico, we have a Mexican family friend, so a wee soft spot for them, the Mexicans are mad about their team, they'd really deserve a good World Cup. 2nd round always seems about as far as they go though. Their manager is also a nutter and a character, you just have to love his enthusiasm and mannerisms.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't see past Holland really. Mexico are a solid outfit but seem to lack that special player you usually need to progress at the World Cup

Mexico are gonna try and shitfest this one, as well they should. They have a solid backline and they must realise this is their big strength.

Will be interesting to see what Holland do if this is what Mexico decide. If Mexico take that tact, I can see them papping Holland out.

I think that Holland are being overrated. They beat a Spain team who were past there best by using pace to hit on the break, went toe to toe with Australia and only just squeezed past them, then shitfested Chile, adopting 2010 final kicking-lumps-out-the-opposition tactics to wear them down and scoring 2 late breakaway goals. Mexico to win 2-1. ¡Vamos Mexico!

Am I missing something? Why is this not on STV according to the Sky guide?

It comes up on Virgin, and on the official STV Tv guide

Not sure about this one although Holland should progress (it might take extra-time)

Mexico have been decent but they are not too prolific going forward and Holland have enough firepower to grab the goals needed, despite Mexico having a pretty solid defence.

It comes up on Virgin, and on the official STV Tv guide

But it's Midsomer Murders on STV with Sky. Pain in the arse as I'm out and need to record. Will have to record it in blurravision off ITV instead. STV say it's an outdated programme guide Sky are using. Well, it would help if someone had updated it.

Last time the teams met was 2010. Van Persie scored twice in a 2-1 win. Odds on that are 25/1, so I'll stick a quid on that too and hope history repeats itself.

Does anyone else find they have to have a nominal amount (or a large amount) of money riding on football, otherwise you lose interest? Is that the start of a gambling addiction or a sign that you're getting bored of football?

Last time the teams met was 2010. Van Persie scored twice in a 2-1 win. Odds on that are 25/1, so I'll stick a quid on that too and hope history repeats itself.

Does anyone else find they have to have a nominal amount (or a large amount) of money riding on football, otherwise you lose interest? Is that the start of a gambling addiction or a sign that you're getting bored of football?

Seek help.

:P

Archived