Vanishing foam

No! Gimmicky and doesn't add anything to the game that proper enforcement of the laws can't. The game has been tainted enough without bringing this into it. Bin this nonsense now!

Got to love ignorance

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really. Is there a major problem in Scotland with players encroaching at free kicks? I'd welcome it's introduction about as much as I did those fucking Vuvuzelas. It's an unnecessary gimmick.

Yes

Can it be used for throw ins? My pet hate is referees telling players to go back for throw ins three times, then totalling ignoring continue to steal yards the 4th time.

Usually happens against Airdrie.

I don't suppose it would do any harm, unless the spray is ridiculously expensive or something like that, so why not... Not sure if it's been approved by IFAB or UEFA for widespread use yet - though I heard them saying during the World Cup coverage that it'll be used in the CL & EL next season, so presumably it'll be available soon if not already.

However - I'm not sure it will actually make the difference that people expect. We've already seen during the World Cup that players are getting wise to it. Where they'd stand diligently behind the line in week 1 they now edge forward and trample over it. Many then encroach.

No need for it. Most Scottish Championship players couldn't roll the ball into an empty net from 25 yards let alone bend a free kick round a wall 10 yards away.

^^^still upset Jamie pinged one in at the rovers home end the season before last. Was a fucking belter.

This was used yesterday as a trial at the Gala/East Fife game. The ref marked the ten yards for a Gala free kick and the Fifers ran off the park thinking it was soap.

As a Gala man living in Fife, that tickled me! :lol:

I think that if any player argued with a ref's decision the ref could draw a big cock on the guy's shirt with vanishing foam. It wouldn't last long but the player could get the message.

Vanishing foam could also be handy to use to write the name of the Hibs manager on the office door at Easter Road.....

I think that if any player argued with a ref's decision the ref could draw a big cock on the guy's shirt with vanishing foam. It wouldn't last long but the player could get the message.

Vanishing foam could also be handy to use to write the name of the Hibs manager on the office door at Easter Road.....

You have issues Dude, embrace the foam and let go.

Definitely would like to see it introduced here. It's simple yet brilliant. Don't know why it's not been thought of before now. One of the few things fifa have done that seems to be greeted with mass approval.

It's a CONMEBOL thing, rather than FIFA. FIFA have adopted it for the World Cup because of the location, but it's very much been an exclusive to CONMEBOL tournaments for the past decade or so.

Wouldn't want those horrible c***s at FIFA getting any undeserved credit.

Doubt it would be accepted in this country, too many fans desperate for it to be the eighties again for this fangled modern foam

There's no actual good reason for it not to be used. Those suggesting encroaching isn't a problem are kidding themselves btw.

Lets say it's not a big problem though. Even once is too many. I just can't see why it shouldn't be used.

Yup think it's a simple but extremely effective away of preventing cheating.

There is another effective method. Simply book players who advance forwars from the wall. They will soon get the message. The foam is good though.

Archived