Gary O Connor for Preston Athletic ?

funnyoldgame

The only news GO'C will make nationally will not be signing for a LL League team but running away from Police, crashing a car, living in a Council house etc. His football stories have long gone. As a Hearts fan I chuckle as a football fan I just think what a waste of talent

Living in a council house...oh the shame. Because all football fans have mortgages or privately rented properties in which to consume their prawn sandwiches.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Living in a council house...oh the shame. Because all football fans have mortgages or privately rented properties in which to consume their prawn sandwiches.

The point people are making about him living in a council house is he has ended up in one after earning £16k p.w. in Russia. Anyone with half a brain who had been earning that sort of dosh would have had the sense to put a good proportion of it away for when their career had come to an end.

He was rumoured to be 20k a week tax free in russia, plus a signing on fees. Then a couple of years at birmingham where he would have no doubt been on similar money (albeit taxed) plus another big sign on fee.

Was he no done for insurance fraud on his Ferrari? Can't really remember the details but have a vague recollection of it?

Total fanny!

The point people are making about him living in a council house is he has ended up in one after earning £16k p.w. in Russia. Anyone with half a brain who had been earning that sort of dosh would have had the sense to put a good proportion of it away for when their career had come to an end.

Footballer spends money during career so ends up with nothing. Not exactly unique, is he? And yes, oddly enough, I understood the point, I just thought it was pretty poor to suggest that living in a council house is now seen as a failure, when in reality, we should all live in council houses.

I'm proud of my council house roots & funnily enough I'm in one up here ok the missus has bought it which is shameful but I blame thatcher.

What was it George Best said about the money, "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.".

Nowt wrong with working class lads hitting the big time & having a good time with it, 'sakes everyone of here no doubt would give their left testicle to have a shot at it.

I like the idea of lads who have been billy big time coming back to their roots, it's a shame this story aint going to happen.

Grimbo

He'll do well to get a better offer than Preston, though no doubt one of the Juniors will throw a few thousand at him in a desperate bid to feel important. The thing is no one is surprised by this, LL or Juniors is unfortunately his level.

I wouldn't be seen deed in a cooncil hoose, fucking peasants what they are. I don't even visit my mother and fither as they still live in one, oh the shame

I'm proud of my council house roots & funnily enough I'm in one up here ok the missus has bought it which is shameful but I blame thatcher.

Grimbo

a house? You were lucky..... we used to live in rolled up newpaper in middle of t'road....but that's Edinburgh City wages for you! :lol:

I wouldn't be seen deed in a cooncil hoose, fucking peasants what they are. I don't even visit my mother and fither as they still live in one, oh the shame

Same here heed, I'm designer working class, tweed flat cap, pedigree whipet down 1 trouser leg & a flurry of mink ferrets down th'other. I can't even see the scheme from the west wing of our mansion since I had the wall built.

Tam, like the wine very fine words. Sure I've heard them before. So are e-City part of the waged classes? Jolly good for them, could they come round on Saturday to do one's lawns?

Sir Grimbo

Footballer spends money during career so ends up with nothing. Not exactly unique, is he? And yes, oddly enough, I understood the point, I just thought it was pretty poor to suggest that living in a council house is now seen as a failure, when in reality, we should all live in council houses.

Can't say 100% for others on here but I wasn't implying that is a failure for anyone to live in a council or any other type of rented house nothing wrong with that at all some folk (not all folk) who live in such houses will be better off financially than people up their neck in debt with high mortgage payments.

Sadly he probably isn't unique on footballers blowing their dosh, but to blow so much in such a short time is bad it wasn't that long ago that he would have been earning big money at Birmingham and would have still got a decent amount at Hibs.

He did ok in a very poor Hibs team. As for you being bitter.... You want to tell me to "accept" he's finished as a footballer I'll tell you yer bitter.... Doesn't make sense does it. Maybe stop thinking your opinion is the right opinion and let others have there's.

Will give him his due, his goals in the first half of 11/12 kept Hibs in the SPL. He was electric for the first one or two months that season.

Archived