Gary O Connor for Preston Athletic ?

funnyoldgame

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I supported a non-league club I would rather they invested the money in 5/6 youth players instead of spunking it on a vastly overweight waster. I can't see him pulling in the crowds either, except for a extra few punters here and there, although not enough to justify what they'll be paying him.

Rico's picture suggests that the punters will need to get to the pie hut fairly sharp.

O'Conner is done and Preston Athletic would be wasting their time and money on him, he will teach the younger lads nothing but his bad habits as he didn't learn anything himself that I why he is in the state he is in. When he signed for Morton I thought dropping to that level might see him bring something to them and help them move off the the bottom of the table, I was wrong he was overweight, he was, unfit, and he scored 1 goal there is a reason he is touting himself to non league clubs, no one in the bottom division of the SPFL would touch him. The opposition fans spent 90 minutes mocking him as most of them could probably have brought as much to Morton as O'Conner did. Preston should save their money and use it on youth players O'Conner is a waster. The only money increase would be in pie sales to O'Conner.

Some total shite being posted on here.the only positive he would bring is increase the crowds to look at what would be more or less a freak show. Anyone who knows the slightest about football can see what he is and what he will always be

Good on him for still wanting to play football. I assume that he is not going to get a huge match fee at Preston as they appear to be a club that operates within its means. If the move is good for both the player and the club then why not?

As for the statement about the money being better spent on five or six youth players, you still only field 11 players in a match. I am sure that if there were five or six young prospects out there, Preston could go for them as well.

I cannot see O' Connor attracting many more through the gate. Preston already have a legend as their manager who comes off the bench for the occasional appearance.

If O'Connor is such a great signing for a LL team, why is he not being hunted by a team that will be at least challenging for the title.

Preston should bring in O'Connor's partner from the Hibs days, Derek Riordan, the two would work well teaching all the younger exactly what not to do. Can't see how either of them could be a role model for any young player.

Really no roles for players that have totally wasted their own opportunity, they missed out by not making the most of the chance given to them, let's give young players a chance rather than waste time on has-beens.

Can anyone actually confirm Preston have or maybes are paying the lad ??

How many Scotland caps did this guy earn ?

The 5th tier of Scottish football has someone who has played in top stadiums all over Europe.

can only be good for the lowland imo. :o

Can anyone actually confirm Preston have or maybes are paying the lad ?? How many Scotland caps did this guy earn ? The 5th tier of Scottish football has someone who has played in top stadiums all over Europe. can only be good for the lowland imo. :o

In what way?

If O'Connor is such a great signing for a LL team, why is he not being hunted by a team that will be at least challenging for the title.Preston should bring in O'Connor's partner from the Hibs days, Derek Riordan, the two would work well teaching all the younger exactly what not to do. Can't see how either of them could be a role model for any young player.Really no roles for players that have totally wasted their own opportunity, they missed out by not making the most of the chance given to them, let's give young players a chance rather than waste time on has-beens.

Cause the lad is frae the pans his home toon team and who's to say Preston won't challenge for title ??

Briefly. A few ghouls would watch his early games, then people would see him for the waster he is and crowds would be quickly back to normal.

I've much more respect for ex pros like Davy Beaton who came into the juniors and played his socks off, earning his money and setting an example. Ditto Hissy.

What could fat boy really bring to the game except a circus show type "let's loom at the fat boy" mentality for a few weeks? Not all media coverage is good news mate.

Briefly. A few ghouls would watch his early games, then people would see him for the waster he is and crowds would be quickly back to normal. I've much more respect for ex pros like Davy Beaton who came into the juniors and played his socks off, earning his money and setting an example. Ditto Hissy. What could fat boy really bring to the game except a circus show type "let's loom at the fat boy" mentality for a few weeks? Not all media coverage is good news mate.

The pans is full of ghouls tho :P

again can anyone confirm he would or is earning a wage ?

who's to say its aboot money after all hes been there and bought the t shirt ?

disgraceful behaviour. We at Edinburgh City would never sign a knackered old ex-Hibee dope smoking hasbeen just to put a few extra bums on seats....

post-12982-0-95529700-1403998403.jpg

besides, I've heard O'Connor is going to the junior team the wise men followed....

The pans is full of ghouls tho :Pagain can anyone confirm he would or is earning a wage ?who's to say its aboot money after all hes been there and bought the t shirt ?

I suppose it's possible Gary has given up on the idea of earning anything again from football, but that would be a far easier decision for himself to make if he hadn't blown every penny he had. I highly doubt you'll find many in his position that aren't bothered about money.

It wouldn't be positive for the Lowland League. If anything it would be the opposite. I've been intrigued by this level for a while, and I'm getting closer to going to see some games, if people genuinely believe O'Connor would be a standout then I don't think I'll bother. He's utterly done, and it would be embarrassing to concede a goal to him in truth, a complete liability on the park and off it

Archived