Scottish Independence - How Will You Vote? MkIII

Ludo*1

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes they do but your reasoning for voting NO is not the best use of your democratic vote, you like myself may be required by kids or grandkids to declare how and why you voted in this referendum, I voted for one side because both sides had an idiot element might not appear to be too impressive to them.

Pompous nonsense. I'll be required to explain/declare myself to nobody or nothing but my conscience, and there are many other complexities involved in my decision. All I said was that one particular group of people were helping to push me towards one side. That suggests that I find no compelling or overwhelming arguments from either side, although I do think that they both have good and bad points.

As for the "best use of your democratic vote", I regularly work as a Presiding Officer and I can assure you that people who can barely spell "X" get to make decisions that shape our future. Are you suggesting a criteria for voters?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pompous nonsense. I'll be required to explain/declare myself to nobody or nothing but my conscience, and there are many other complexities involved in my decision. All I said was that one particular group of people were helping to push me towards one side. That suggests that I find no compelling or overwhelming arguments from either side, although I do think that they both have good and bad points.

As for the "best use of your democratic vote", I regularly work as a Presiding Officer and I can assure you that people who can barely spell "X" get to make decisions that shape our future. Are you suggesting a criteria for voters?

I can't find anything below that suggests anything else other than nasty cybernats are guiding your vote, I chose to reply in a respectful manner rather than my usual dismissive backhander method, even an old guy can learn new tricks, time to grow a pair and declare your real reasons for voting NO rather than hiding behind your limp-wristed poor me effort below.

Your Presiding Officer revelation just means that I derive less comfort from knowing you're shaping my future than I derive from those that can barely spell "x"

Am being pushed towards the No camp by the number of absolute zoomers like the cyber nats, and their sheer unadulterated nastiness and inability to allow others to have views different to their own.

Everyone will be surprised to learn I still intend to vote Yes despite UKOKNOTHANKSBT putting across a strong argument.Oh, wait......

I'm not surprised you're voting YES.

Neither am I surprised that yours was the first reply on this thread. :rolleyes:

If you promise to vote yes I will give you a green dot, otherwise I will give you a red dot.

I'll take your word for it because I think you are a man of honour.

I can't find anything below that suggests anything else other than nasty cybernats are guiding your vote, I chose to reply in a respectful manner rather than my usual dismissive backhander method, even an old guy can learn new tricks, time to grow a pair and declare your real reasons for voting NO rather than hiding behind your limp-wristed poor me effort below.

Your Presiding Officer revelation just means that I derive less comfort from knowing you're shaping my future than I derive from those that can barely spell "x"

Being pushed in a certain direction by one group does not by any means indicate that I haven't taken numerous other things into consideration, it's just that nobody has entirely convinced me either way. Being pushed that way does not mean that I will necessarily vote no, just that it is more likely at present. However I vote, I will not be explaining/declaring the reasons for it to you or anyone else as I regard it as being a personal thing. However, I will have thought about and considered what I do, unlike some of the people I was referring to in my previous post.

Incidentally, acting as a Presiding Officer does not involve shaping anyone's future, it just means ensuring fair play for all on the day, something I am more than capable of, thanks.

As for limp-wristed and poor me, that's so poor.

I'm not surprised you're voting YES.

Neither am I surprised that yours was the first reply on this thread. :rolleyes:

You know me so well you beautiful old b*****d. :)

...............and if I abstain?

There's plenty information out there to help make an informed decision, Personally, I'm voting Yes as I feel it's the right thing to do for Scotland and Scottish people. What's the alternative with the status quo?

More austerity.

More child poverty.

More foodbanks.

The widest gap between rich and poor in Europe getting wider.

HS2

Trident

Being governed by a Westminster we didn't vote for.

To name a few. Whereas a Yes vote gives us a fresh start and allows us to shape a Scotland for the people who live in Scotland.

I truly believe we can do better.

And with the greatest respect to you Audaces, allowing the media to even slightly misinform you about the villanous cybernat is basically 1 - 0 to No Thanks. That's their objective met.

You know me so well you beautiful old b*****d.

There's plenty information out there to help make an informed decision, Personally, I'm voting Yes as I feel it's the right thing to do for Scotland and Scottish people. What's the alternative with the status quo?

More austerity.

More child poverty.

More foodbanks.

The widest gap between rich and poor in Europe getting wider.

HS2

Trident

Being governed by a Westminster we didn't vote for.

To name a few. Whereas a Yes vote gives us a fresh start and allows us to shape a Scotland for the people who live in Scotland.

I truly believe we can do better.

And with the greatest respect to you Audaces, allowing the media to even slightly misinform you about the villanous cybernat is basically 1 - 0 to No Thanks. That's their objective met.

I fully respect your point of view, and you put across a lot of good points in an intelligent way, as does Red Lichtie, but this point is, in my opinion, rather invalid, although it is being used more and more.

No matter where you are in any country, there will be people saying they have a government they didn't vote for, and if we had an SNP government in an independent Scotland, as is very likely, then Labour voters, and others, would have a government they didn't vote for.

I don't believe the media have misinformed me mate, and I am not defending them as some sort of bastion of investigative journalism, it's just that I check the veracity of what I read. ;)

Finally, trust me, I am looking at all sorts of opinions and figures. Good God, I even watched Holyrood on telly today. Or was it yesterday. Salmond seriously wiped the floor with the two opposition leaders, but there was little in the way of facts on which I could base my potential vote, and that goes for all three of them party leaders.

I fully respect your point of view, and you put across a lot of good points in an intelligent way, as does Red Lichtie, but this point is, in my opinion, rather invalid, although it is being used more and more.

No matter where you are in any country, there will be people saying they have a government they didn't vote for, and if we had an SNP government in an independent Scotland, as is very likely, then Labour voters, and others, would have a government they didn't vote for.

Why do you assume that after having escaped Westminster control, we will then implement the same style of 'democracy'? Independence doesn't mean just moving everything from Westminster to Holyrood, think bigger.

^^^ isn't aware that only 3 times since World War 2 have Scottish people influenced a general election.

I've voted 6 times in a General election and am currently on 2/6 on who I voted for.

Talk about the government you vote for, its pish! The Separatists will be dominated by the SNP on a YES vote.

I don't want to give this lot any more power than they've already got to completely destroy Scotland!

I've voted 6 times in a General election and am currently on 2/6 on who I voted for.

Talk about the government you vote for, its pish! The Separatists will be dominated by the SNP on a YES vote.

I don't want to give this lot any more power than they've already got to completely destroy Scotland!

The Scottish Parliamentary list system makes its makeup much more representative of the votes cast. The SNP would only have more power if the people of Scotland wanted that.

Archived