Colombia vs Uruguay

lichtie23

This won't be the reason why they're not allowing it but the way he rolls his foot over the ball isn't allowed. Laws for restarts always state it has to be an 'instantaneous' strike of the ball. But anyway, I'm guessing refs see it as 'unsporting' and using is discretion rather than applying the laws. Dangerous approach from refs but I don't necessarily not agree with it. I'd have no problem with a ref blowing up, if, say, a team that 'should' return the ball to the opposition after an injury doesn't. Because I'd say it's more important not to cause a riot than strictly adhering to rules at all times.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worst ever pronunciation of a footballer's name was Gordon McQueen trying to say Ruud Gullit - "the boy Gullet..."

Another worthy mention was Shearer (?) trying to say Faustino Asprilla's name which came out as Ass-prilla.

Colombia

Goal of the tournament ... Check

Player of the tournament ... Check

Burds of the tournament ... Check

Drugs of the tournament ... More than likely a check

Can we just give them the trophy just now......?

Tyldesly and Pearce are the worst for picking a random foreigner and deciding to pronounce their name in their language and supposed accent. It's just one step away from shouting louder in English so that johnny foreigner will understand.

If you're going to pronounce foreign names as in their own language then do it for them all, not just the occasional one here or there. Why just pick on James? I'm damed sure all the other names aren't pronounced the way we're hearing them. Famously Berbatov's name is pronounced totally differently to what he was called in England and Abramovich isn't as we are used to hearing. Do it properly or not at all. It just sounds ridiculous.

Archived