Central 2nd Division 2014/15

tambothejambo

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to this newmains won 3 & drew 2 matches which comes to 11 points. . Were they deducted points?

An unfortunate oversight by the then match secretary who had a lot on his hands at the time due to a family bereavement, saw players play unregistered v. Wishaw & Port Glasgow. The points from the Port win were deducted.

As Ek Man will agree, am not one to give Ek Thistle's Committee praise, but having just walked past the Showpark, I have to applaud them. It looks in the best condition I've ever seen the ground, in 30 years i've lived in EK. The difference from two years ago is unbelievable.

I think the boy from broomhouse will score a few goals for ek. Seen him play a few times at amateur and he's decent. he will do well as there's not much between amateur and 2nd division from what I've seen.

As Ek Man will agree, am not one to give Ek Thistle's Committee praise, but having just walked past the Showpark, I have to applaud them. It looks in the best condition I've ever seen the ground, in 30 years i've lived in EK. The difference from two years ago is unbelievable.

Unfortunately I can't take any credit for this as due to unforeseen circumstances I haven't been able to get down to the park through the close season. Credit where credits due though the ones that have been responsible for the improvements have been the same ones getting the most stick for the last 2 seasons but have weathered the storm and plugged away. Only leaves the pitch to be lined for the friendlies starting on sat so its out with the paint and measuring tape this week to finish it

By the sounds of it a lot of the teams on our league have had a large player turnaround before the start of the season, think this may give Forth a slight advantage as its much the same squad as last year with a couple of additions

Might just take the teams a few months to work out their best 11 and a style of play that suits whereas the Wanderers can hopefully take off from where they left at the end of the season

Cambuslang had a pretty turbulent season last year after winning this division in 12/13. Everything that happened has been well documented & in effect our squad for the coming season is the 3rd team to be 'built' in a year. The mass exodus in October of the management team & practically the whole squad , then Shielsy having to get players in at a time in the season when clubs were reluctant to let players go , it now appears that almost all of the players that he brought in are not with the club anymore either.

The noises coming out of somervell for the imminent season are quite positive , but with there only being 20 league games in this division , I'd guess John & Paddy are gonna have to use the friendlies & sectional league cup to try & get a settled team for , what I reckon is gonna be a really tough league. It looks as though all the teams are capable of taking points off each other , & as I said , there's only 20 games to play , so you can't afford to lose too many games if your gonna be vying for a top 3 finish.

I know this probably applies to quite a lot of teams , but a frustrating feature of watching Cambuslang try to avoid relegation last season was the amount of red cards we received. I reckon we could've stayed up last year if we'd managed to finish games with 11 men on the park most weeks. There was hardly a game last season where we finished with 11 players on the park. I hope the club can look at this & try to do something about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Cambuslang, East Kilbride, Forth Wanderers, Glasgow Perthshire, Johnstone Burgh, Newmains, Port Glasgow, Rossvale, Royal Albert, St. Roch's and Vale of Leven supporters

How do you think your team will do this year and what is your fancy for the three promoted teams.

Forth have basically the same spine of the team that won 6 of their last 8 games of the season last year.

If they have a good start I will go for forth finishing first or second.

Teams for promotion

Forth

Camby

East Kilbride

With JBurgh, VOL and Perthshire all in the hunt.

Would have added Port G but no idea what's happening with their Home Games venue.

Guest svejk

My opinion is that its really close and promotion could be wide open between everyone except and its only my opinion before I get pumped Newmains, Royal Albert and Rossvale. Think everyone else is in the mix

Going by their form at the end of last season, and assuming they've managed to keep the squad together, I expect the Albert to have another good campaign. Wouldn't discount anyone at this stage before a ball has been kicked in anger.

Not much info about signings at Burgh, Perthshire & Rossvale coming out, would like to find out bit more about them before making prediction.

Camby & Forth imagine will be short prices at the bookies for promotion, but Vale of Leven ain't getting many mentions and were excellent at the end of the season. They've had a settled squad for quite a while now. Think they could be up there

Early predictions for promotion based on not a whole lot other than speculation before a ball is even kicked would be Forth, EK Thistle and Port Glasgow.

I think St Roch's will have a steady season in and around mid-table, which would be a more than welcome outcome for Andy Cameron's first season with us as the most important thing for the Club is some stability in the dugout and on the park after the last couple of seasons since Davie Greig. The committee are getting there off the park, now time to see if the Club can move forward on it.

If Andy can have us up there challenging for promotion then great but I certainly wouldn't place that expectation on him, even though I think he would do so himself.

Dak has played in goals for us in the pre-season friendlies so far so hopefully he signs again, if he hasn't already. Martin Shiels signing on for another season is a massive boost too as he no doubt had several offers elsewhere.

TJ McCluskey was rated highly coming across to us this season from Blochairn Star but he's already made another move by going senior with Albion Rovers so best wishes to him.

This league has never been easy to call altho you normally do get your 1 team that ends up running away with it but rest is a battle between all teams and all capable of beating each other. i think it has the makings of being a cracking league as many teams have strengthened there squads ourselfs included.

we have alot of bodies there just now and from seeing saturdays game some boys look more than capable enough. with two teams on the park looks like we could get a good 11 out of that. under no illusions how hard it will be and patience is key but glad to see other familiar players sign on and the better 1s from last year. committee doing a great job clubhouse is looking best ive saw it and also the surface is improving but the boys got to deliver on the pitch to repay the hardwork put in.

glad to see dak back although didnt have his best game on sat costing a goal however watched him for over 2 seasons at us and he was very consistant so rather the errors were made by the players during pre season. good pre season games aswell will only help the management make there decisions on players but optimistic for the season ahead which is a great improvement on recent times

all the best for rest of pre season to the management and players i ll be up watching when i can.

Archived