Sign in to follow this  
forever_blue

auchterarder v auchtermuchty

following the frightening success with my glasgow v edinburgh thread. I thought i would create another.

jusr what is the better auchter? what one actually sounds the most teuchter, I know this is a delicate matter but keep it clean people.

Auchmabum.

Auchterarder has a baker's that won pie of the year one year while Auchermuchty has a statue of Jimmy Shand. The Proclaimers also famously grew up in 'muchty and it was used for filming scenes for the most recent version of Dr Finlay's casebook. That's 3-1 to 'muchty unless someone can come up with a famous dude from Auchterarder or a film shot there (e.g. Confessions of a Fermer...)

Auchtertool.

A shop, a garage and a school!

What about Auchenshuggle?

Edited by Enigma

Auchmabum.

Auchterarder has a baker's that won pie of the year one year while Auchermuchty has a statue of Jimmy Shand. The Proclaimers also famously grew up in 'muchty and it was used for filming scenes for the most recent version of Dr Finlay's casebook. That's 3-1 to 'muchty unless someone can come up with a famous dude from Auchterarder or a film shot there (e.g. Confessions of a Fermer...)

Famous dude is Stephen Hendry. That do ya?

We've got the Ryder cup coming, had G8, and even TITP from next year. Wonderfully handsome men apparently, the world famous chip shop, and a tremendous Indian carry out, the Bilal.