glasgow v edinurgh

Having worked in Edinburgh I definitely thought there was a bit of an elitist vibe for some reason.

Quite often you would hear people slagging off Glasgow and things about it but when working with weegies I never heard them mention Edinburgh once.

I tried to ask a few why they had such bad feelings towards it and none of them could give me a reason other than it was full of neds.

I reckon there's a deep rooted insecurity that says to me Glasgow is better and edinburgers are rattled.

Or that group could just be snobby c units?

I encountered plenty of shitey comments about Edinburgh that didn't come across as mere banter when I lived there for four years. The vast majority were absolutely fine, but there's bawbags everywhere and I really can't imagine a weegie living in Edinburgh would experience anything worse than I did.

Both cities are mainly made up of people who couldn't care less about this "rivalry" with a small percentage who have huge ragers for the other one. In my perhaps biased opinion I'd say they're slightly more common in Glasgow but not by much.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, was prob just some roasters but to bring it up out of the blue was a bit strange.

The director was a bit cold with me and then when he found out where I came from he shook my hand and said "oh I thought you were from the west somewhere" as if it was a leper colony.

:lol:

Yeah, was prob just some roasters but to bring it up out of the blue was a bit strange.

The director was a bit cold with me and then when he found out where I came from he shook my hand and said "oh I thought you were from the west somewhere" as if it was a leper colony.

:lol:

I mind once before Hibs played Falkirk at Hampden in 2012 some guy was trying to sell programmes for whatever overpriced amount they ask for, and this middle aged man with his very young son was properly berating him for no reason, repeatedly calling him a "weegie c**t" for charging the price he did. I know if I was Glaswegian I'd have experienced it more, but I mention that story because it's the only time I think I've ever heard any animosity from an Edinburger to a (perhaps) Glaswegian.

When you're from Edinburgh the snobby 'after work drinks' type just become invisble to you eventually. Doesn't make any difference to your life, so you pay it no attention.

I can totally see how people who don't actually know the place would let that become their overriding impression of the city.

As much as I previously bemoaned these threads for the nonsense that gets spouted by twats every time, at least when folk are using their brains it can be interesting to know what their opinions are when we have two cities that have an argument. I wonder if there's a Dutch football forum like this for example? Must be a short thread when one of their two main cities is brilliant in almost every way and the other one's a fucking shitheap of the highest order.

Exactly the same as Scotland but for some reason Glaswegians seem to actually like their city.

Archived