How Good is Your Memory?

I personally think "where in 21st Century life is the desperate need to know the answer to 6x7 off the top of your head?"... or any complex arithmetic.

I'm personally quite decent at many forms of maths even though I'm horrendous at arithmetic, despite numerous people deciding that arithmetic = maths. Don't get me started on non-calculator maths tests though!

That's why I absolved anyone who had problems with figures, I could have used a better form of terminology as I unlike the vast majority do know that many people have a problem with arithmetic similar to the problems dyslexia sufferers have, your maths part just backs that up as many with this problem go on to do really well in mathematics.

• 5 years later...

I'd forgotten all about this thread hahahahahaha!!

I was talking to someone the other day about the amount of phone numbers I used to know off by heart but since the days of the smartphone I now only know one. I wonder if this contributes to a poor memory or 'frees up space' in the brain to remember more stuff.