Luis Suarez

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good point about repeat offending.

However if say he had intentionally lunged at someone and got a three match ban a few years ago and done the same last year then again last game what do you think the suspensions would be?

3 games.

3 games.

5 games?

3 games.

6 games.

9 games?

I have to admit I'm really intrigued rather than disgusted by the whole biting thing and his obvious mental issues regarding it, maybe that's why I don't have as big an issue with it.

I'd agree that if a player is repeatedly lunging into tackles then the FA of the league or whatever should have the powers to look into longer bans for repeat offending.

On the Suarez subject, I seen a rugby player talking about a biting issue in their sport and how the last player to do it was banned for a year. It's obviously not a problem in football with Suarez being the only real incident to date, but if Suarez is used as an example that it's going to be lengthy bans given for that type of behaviour, then I'm sure it won't be copied. Maybe this is the sort of action that should have been taken when diving started to really take off, pardon the pun! We don't want to get players running about the pitch for 90 minutes biting each other haha.

Suarez is saying he slipped and his mouth was open at the time :lol:

Just as John Lennon fell on those bullets, and Rodney King just happened to lie down in the precise area where cops practice their baton use.

I'd agree that if a player is repeatedly lunging into tackles then the FA of the league or whatever should have the powers to look into longer bans for repeat offending.

On the Suarez subject, I seen a rugby player talking about a biting issue in their sport and how the last player to do it was banned for a year. It's obviously not a problem in football with Suarez being the only real incident to date, but if Suarez is used as an example that it's going to be lengthy bans given for that type of behaviour, then I'm sure it won't be copied. Maybe this is the sort of action that should have been taken when diving started to really take off, pardon the pun! We don't want to get players running about the pitch for 90 minutes biting each other haha.

When did diving take off? It's been around since TV cameras have started filming games anyway, and I've no doubt before that. Just watch a few clips of Jimmy Johnstone and you'll see that the idea that diving is something brought here by foreign players is completely false (not saying that you necessarily think that, however that is the picture the media like to paint).

I've heard the whole 'role model' pish be wheeled out over this incident. I see that there is a story that a kid bit another kid during a game and it's being used to say "See! See! He's a role model for kids and now they're copying him!".

In actual fact I'd say that it shows that kids aren't as stupid as made out and know what's right and wrong. Only ONE out of the hundreds of thousands of kids have done it, and even then it's just been assumed he did it because Suarez did. Kids choose their own 'role models', not the media (at least not until they're older and more stupid).

This pish about footballers being role models is a hopelessly outmoded concept that is mired in what are seen as the halcyon days of the first half of last century. Many kids will love footballers and idolise them but if they do copy them it's usually their haircut or trying a skill they've seen. I don't hear of many kids seeing an awful challenge or elbow in the face and copying it on a Saturday morning or at school.

Princess Luis, the People's Gnashers

It certainly looks more Princess Diana than it does Luiz Suarez. It looks like the actor who plays Napoleon Dynamite with Princess Diana's hair. I hated Napoleon Dynamite. It was boring, unfunny pish.

It certainly looks more Princess Diana than it does Luiz Suarez. It looks like the actor who plays Napoleon Dynamite with Princess Diana's hair. I hated Napoleon Dynamite. It was boring, unfunny pish.

I didn't get it either. The dance bit was funny and that was it.

Just as John Lennon fell on those bullets, and Rodney King just happened to lie down in the precise area where cops practice their baton use.

The elastic in Jimmy Savile's trackie bottoms broke as he slipped and fell on top of all those corpses.

Archived