Champions League 2014/15

lichtie23

PSG were extremely disappointing and look like just another bang average outfit - for all the money they've spunked at the team so far only Ibrahimovic is arguably a top class player and will have to be replaced soon anyway. The likes of van der Wiel, Cabaye or Lavezzi are good enough for the domestic league but not for the elite level. Without some breakthrough run in Europe though it's hard to see them attracting the required standard of player; before even thinking about building a formidable unit from them.

Maybe throwing money to get Simeone to join them would be a reasonable way out as without the ability to extract very good value from a slightly limited market at the top end or psychotic levels of team performance, they'll continue to go nowhere at the top level. Barcelona were much improved defensively than in recent seasons and along with Real Madrid have to be considered the front-runners now. I'd still expect Bayern to go through buteven then their squad looks done at the moment and it would still take some time to get any recovered players back to the performance levels required, without any genuinely competitive domestic matches.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll bet Mourinho and more so Abramovich were howling with laughter and sporting massive smug-faces tonight watching David Luiz.

£50 million!! :lol:

Considering he's playing for the team that dumped them out the CL, probably not.

Considering he's playing for the team that dumped them out the CL, probably not.

Aye, probably torn between greeting about that, then laughing that they managed to sell poodleheid for 50m, and then greeting again that despite how pish PSG were, they still knocked Chelsea out.

I'll bet Mourinho and more so Abramovich were howling with laughter and sporting massive smug-faces tonight watching David Luiz.

£50 million!! :lol:

Even though that fee was a bit over the top, he has been one of PSG's best players this season.

The thing about David Luiz is that he can be absolutely brilliant on his day, whether in defence or midfield. You just know that every so often he'll have a shocker, especially against a clever player like Suarez. In terms of raw ability he's one of the best defensive players in the world, but that's not worth very much on the days he does that.

It's like having Colin Stewart in goals, one of the most technically capable 'keepers Morton have had in years, even won PotY awards one year. But he would have a blooper real long enough for a box set - everyone knew it was always only a matter of time before he did the next stupid thing.

Hope Porto do them but can't see it at all. Even money for Bayern to qualify looks like printing money to me.

Should be a good game with Bayern needing to go for it.

Hope Porto do them but can't see it at all. Even money for Bayern to qualify looks like printing money to me.

Should be a good game with Bayern needing to go for it.

Neither game will be as good as the Celtic - Caley game on Sunday though.

Archived