Bit Of A Pedant?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.....or does he have a point?

https://uk.screen.yahoo.com/grammar-obsessed-teen-takes-bmw-150839725.html

The words "Have you ever kissed a girl son?" spring to mind. At fifteen I was thinking about things other than grammar and syntax.

He'll next be seen being bundled into the back of a police car, drenched in blood, after having killed his parents with a chainsaw and running their body parts through a woodchipper, Fargo-stylee.

It should be "holes". I believe your grammar is correct if you were using Latin but not English, unless you are all going to use the same hole.

I believe my terminology was correct due to the fact that individually we all require to be penetrating a solitary hole.

Unless of course the burd was a proper durty and likes it up the poop chute as well.

Could someone please explain to me how being a grammar pedant automatically means they should be spending more time chasing lassies? Not that I was any good at either myself when I was that age, but I knew my fair share of people who could pull off both comfortably.

Could someone please explain to me how being a grammar pedant automatically means they should be spending more time chasing lassies? Not that I was any good at either myself when I was that age, but I knew my fair share of people who could pull off both comfortably.

Most 15 year olds think they may be good at a lot of things, I suspect the only thing they're really comfortable pulling off is themselves.

ETA They could probably make a good fist of that if nothing else.

It's more the extent to which he goes to prove his point.

Let me think back to when I was 15? Penning a letter to a multinational to prove I'm a smart arse or a trip to the local youth club where the fit birds from the Girl's Model school are. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Archived