Sign in to follow this  
Audaces Fortuna Juvat

Bit Of A Pedant?

.....or does he have a point?

https://uk.screen.yahoo.com/grammar-obsessed-teen-takes-bmw-150839725.html

The words "Have you ever kissed a girl son?" spring to mind. At fifteen I was thinking about things other than grammar and syntax.

The words "Have you ever kissed a girl son?" spring to mind. At fifteen I was thinking about things other than grammar and syntax.

He'll next be seen being bundled into the back of a police car, drenched in blood, after having killed his parents with a chainsaw and running their body parts through a woodchipper, Fargo-stylee.

You should have a comma between girl and son.

As you are directly quoting, it should be "girl" and "son".

Looks like Albert Gifford, you and I all need our hole.

It should be "holes". I believe your grammar is correct if you were using Latin but not English, unless you are all going to use the same hole.

It should be "holes". I believe your grammar is correct if you were using Latin but not English, unless you are all going to use the same hole.

There are some very accommodating young ladies out there?

I believe my terminology was correct due to the fact that individually we all require to be penetrating a solitary hole.

Unless of course the burd was a proper durty and likes it up the poop chute as well.

Could someone please explain to me how being a grammar pedant automatically means they should be spending more time chasing lassies? Not that I was any good at either myself when I was that age, but I knew my fair share of people who could pull off both comfortably.

Could someone please explain to me how being a grammar pedant automatically means they should be spending more time chasing lassies? Not that I was any good at either myself when I was that age, but I knew my fair share of people who could pull off both comfortably.

Most 15 year olds think they may be good at a lot of things, I suspect the only thing they're really comfortable pulling off is themselves.

ETA They could probably make a good fist of that if nothing else.

Edited by chomp my root

It's more the extent to which he goes to prove his point.

Let me think back to when I was 15? Penning a letter to a multinational to prove I'm a smart arse or a trip to the local youth club where the fit birds from the Girl's Model school are. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm?