Com on The Gow.

More fixtures out after these.

Monday away to Blantyre.

Saturday away to Vale of Clyde.

One game left away to Refrew.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Story of our season last night. Thought we were the better team but can't defend set pieces and struggle to take our chances. We need to be stronger all over the park. Would love Rab to go for a bit of experience next year to help the young lads out.

Story of our season last night. Thought we were the better team but can't defend set pieces and struggle to take our chances. We need to be stronger all over the park. Would love Rab to go for a bit of experience next year to help the young lads out.

Yes I would agree with that. I thought the Gow played really well overall especially the first half and to go in 1-0 down from the type of goal they conceded was poor. I hope Rab gets the players he needs next season.

Was at the game last night Gow have some really good young players no 8 and 2 especially but they lacked a cutting edge. Blantyre used there physical advantage for most of the game . Barry Murdoch strolled through the game really learned a lot at his loan spell with the Albert

Agree with previous posts need a couple of auld heids and some physical presence for next season but must keep a hold of the younger players.

Having watched the Gow a few times early in the season and also the last few games its clear the Gow need a proper No 9. Too many missed chances against St Ants & Wishaw for me. The strikers always seem to be on the wing not in the box where it counts. No point in taking about the defence its normally a shambles. In saying that I did think the sweeper has done okay the last few games.

• 3 weeks later...

I have seen my last game this season can't make Renfrew game. The Gow started the season well and had a disappointing finish that's been well discussed. Committee member was telling me today the manager is hoping to make the changes required to the existing squad. Hope it goes well and we see the players we need next season. Mon the Gow

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't get see the Gow as much as I would have liked last season, but I could see near end of season, we lacked experience, a bit of height and a good no. 9. What happened to McAuliffe? He looked competent and commanding. Shame about Gerry Bonham.

Lygate looks a good dogged midfielder, Stuart Hall, Johnny Logan and Jamie Hamilton done well. Jack Currie looks an interesting acquisition. Good see the ever dependable big Bazza Murdoch back from Albert too

Lads performed well this season, just dipped near the end, but if they can bring in a challenge for Barnes, three big Tommy Devine's in central defence, an Eddie McGuinness type midfielder and backup. Couple of forwards with good junior experience, with height. We will be heading in right direction, imo.

Only problems would be; if an available budget to bring them in, and not losing out to clubs in Glasgow area, as some seem to think Gow is in Borders

Archived