The 'Gow chat 2014/15

lobey dosser

Up early and ready for our game versus Larkhall Thistle today.....hope the lads are as excited and pumped up for today....we need a big performance. Should have a new signing in our squad, will confirm that later.....mon the gow.

who was the new signing mate??

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Johnny, are you the last inmate of the Old Inveraray Jail?

I hope you are well. Ive been out the picture for a while, Im well now. And back to work.

8)

Aye, it's the tartan dungarees up there, Larky boy! Great to hear you're in good health, I was quite chipper masel till ah heard the result today. Loved wee Coco's comment that we hadn't really played anybody decent till today, we've pumped L*n*rk twice already this season!

Ah had the whole temple prayin for ye when ye were struggling big yin, ye shouldnae knock it, big Dalai Shannon had a special mention for ye, looks like it worked a treat!

Enjoy your season, maybe catch up at a league game, parole board notwithstanding! Mon the Gow

Poor performance from The Gow yesterday, no complaints about the result....we cannot start as badly as we have on a couple of occasions and expect to win. Gave away 2 poor goals and had a mountain to climb to get back into the game. We pushed men forward in the second half and to be fair to Larkhall the hit us on the brwak on 3 or 4 occasions and should have put the game out of sight earlier than the last 2 minutes when they added their 3rd goal. I notice with interest that on another thread there is no mention of the chances we created and missed in this game and there were at least 3, which could have changed the course of the game, but that's just the way people comment on things I suppose.

We have to pick ourselves up and move onto our first league game next Saturday versus St.Anthonys.

Good luck to Sinky and all at Larkhall for their quarter final on Wednesday.

Craigyboy I need to agree with your comments above. Larky deserved the win although we had good chances at 2-0 which I felt if we had scored one would have made it a different game. I'm a bit concerned looking at the team we are lack a goalscorer. The goals to chances created is poor we seem to need to create 5 sitters to score one.

THECABBAGE, I understand your concerns mate, but we have scored 5 goals in our 3 competitive games so far this season....and as the season goes on we will improve, it's still early in the season and believe me we will work hard at training to get better in that department.

Just to confirm that our "home" league fixture this coming Saturday with St.Anthonys has been switched to an away game at McKenna Park. Our long wait to get back into Craighead Park continues for another couple of weeks.

Just to confirm that our "home" league fixture this coming Saturday with St.Anthonys has been switched to an away game at McKenna Park. Our long wait to get back into Craighead Park continues for another couple of weeks.

Have you been given any indication when your facilities will be ready?

You will have to hold a fancy reopening ceremony.

8)

Aye, it's the tartan dungarees up there, Larky boy! Great to hear you're in good health, I was quite chipper masel till ah heard the result today. Loved wee Coco's comment that we hadn't really played anybody decent till today, we've pumped L*n*rk twice already this season!

Ah had the whole temple prayin for ye when ye were struggling big yin, ye shouldnae knock it, big Dalai Shannon had a special mention for ye, looks like it worked a treat!

Enjoy your season, maybe catch up at a league game, parole board notwithstanding! Mon the Gow

Will arrange a drink for you if you can get parole, and as long as youre not overawed and starstruck by visiting Larkhall.

You might act like Brooks out of The Shawshank Redemption.

Hopefully the fixture will be near the end of the season and we are the team that relegates you, where you belong.

Will keep you posted via this site.

bc57...we play The ants away, then Ashfield away, then we will be at home versus Lanark on the 13/09/14....that will be our first game at Craighead Park.

Nice one. I enjoy watching games at your ground.

I hope the conspiracy theorists will keep this in mind later in the season. How pumped up are your guys, and your support going to be that day?!

Good away result for us yesterday....a headed goal for Daryl Meikle and a fantastic strike from Jamie Hamilton gave us all 3 points.

Our winning goal from wee Jamie will take some beating in our goal of the season competition...

It's game day....Mon the Gow...

:)

Love your enthusiasm big man, ah'm struggling to get to Saturday games, but when I do, I'd like to shake your hand & thank you for your contribution to the Gow, we're looking pretty competitive. Next week takes care of itself, three points or nothing against that lot. Think we're better, will be looking out for the result, could make ma weekend!

Great result yesterday versus Ashfield....will take 3 goals away from home anytime. But the most pleasing aspect was our clean sheet, Captain Barnes and the lads at the back have done really well recently.

David McAuliffe, Jack Taylor and Johnny Logan were our scorers with the last goal from Johnny being the pick of the 3...a beautiful finish.

It's back to Craighead Park next Saturday for the first time in about a year, our local rivals Lanark being the visitors. Lets hope the locals come out in force to support us and cheer the lads on.

Mon the Gow!!

I'm looking forward to watching the Gow team back at Craighead Park this Saturday!!!! If I'm being honest I thought when the flooding occurred the council might pull the plug on Craighead. Credit to the Gow committee they fought the clubs corner and with help from the council they have managed to get it sorted. My hat also goes off to all the players involved as every game for a year must have felt like an away game.

I hope they get there support back, and also get a result against the turnip crunchers this Saturday!!!!

Com on the Gow………………………………..

Archived