The 'Gow chat 2014/15

lobey dosser

Delighted with the gow last night, had a really hard game versus Cumnock on Saturday when we only had 13 players and I think last night showed we wee a wee bit heavy legged. With 2 or 3 players missing with injuries it was encouraging to keep a clean sheet and get the win.

It was a hard fought match and think we just about deserved our win. Always goodto het a trophy and we now put all our focus towards Royal Albert on Saturday.

We have to remember that we have only been back in to training for 3 and a half weeks, so much more to come from our squad.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last training session tonight before the new season starts....cannot wait for the first game against Royal Albert to get us started. Hoping for a season where we challenge for promotion.....lets do this.

I'm looking forward to the new season as well, don't like going to Carluke a pain in the arse. At least when we play at our fortress Craighead I can walk doon and don't have to ask ma daft son-in-law for a lift. It can't be long now the park looks good do we know when Craighead will be ready??

No fixed timescale as far as I know THECABBAGE but all at the club are hoping that the first home league game versus St.Anthonys on the 30/08/14 will be held at Craighead Park, that's what we are aiming for.

The players are desperate to get back there and make it difficult for our opposition to get any points.....the sooner we are back "home" the better for everyone connected to our club.

Good result for us in our first game of the season with a 3-1 win against Royal Albert....2 goals from Mark Fitzpatrick and another from Jonny Mcstay helped us come back from losing an early goal via the penalty spot by McGill.

Overall it was a disappointing performance from us, but it's only the first game and we will improve for it. We move onto Lanark next week as group leaders so hopefully that will give us the confidence to improve.

Agree with you craigyboy especially the second half neither keeper had a save to make during the whole game.

Both teams missing a few players Albert will need to defend better, but it was a good fitness exercise for both teams.

Most important game for both teams is the first league game in three weeks time.

Good luck to the Gow for the rest of the season.

Cheers Wee_albert....2nd half was poor from both sides. I thought overall we were the better side but as you say both sides were missing players. It's still early and I am positive both sides will improve. All the best this season mate.

Cheers Wee_albert....2nd half was poor from both sides. I thought overall we were the better side but as you say both sides were missing players. It's still early and I am positive both sides will improve. All the best this season mate.

:P

Where are the reports from today's game? Pumped them again at their place, how good is that? Could we win the section? If anybody has a report on the game, let us know how it went. Even if it's your good self BC! Cheers

Where are the reports from today's game? Pumped them again at their place, how good is that? Could we win the section? If anybody has a report on the game, let us know how it went. Even if it's your good self BC! Cheers

I did not trap yesterday I am afraid. Day out in Our Glorious Capital for my wife's birthday. Brownie points in the bag for the season ahead.

I heard we were poor. We both had a player sent off first half. I know our lad feels aggrieved but I don't know why your lad saw red. Finally I heard Barnsey saved the points at the death with an excellent double save.

I am banking on Lanark being the opposite of Man Utd. We have a poor pre season and then start the league well. Law of averages says we have to beat you eventually. I am hoping it is next month in the league.

Well done yesterday however.

Lanark were narrowly defeated in this league cup match against local rivals Lesmahagow at a blustery Moor Park.

Lesmahagow had the better of the early exchanges, Lanark defended resolutely but were struggling to get up the park. Both teams plans were about to be changed though, Lanark central defender Alan Murdoch picked the ball up and made a surging run across the halfway line, he took a heavy touch and overran the ball and as is often seen in this situation made a desperate attempt to keep possession, lunging into a challenge with the Lesmahagow player. Not a malicious challenge but a heavy one. After a lengthy stoppage in play the referee dismissed Alan Murdoch and also showed the red card to a Lesmahagow player, meaning both teams would have to play the remainder of the game with ten men.

Lesmahagow took the lead before half time, after a neat exchange on the edge of the box the ball was chipped over the defence, the Lesmahagow player stayed calm and lofted the ball over the despairing Mclenaghan in the Lanark goal.

Half Time - Lanark 0-1 Lesmahagow

After half time the wind had picked up a bit and made it hard going for both sides but Lanark managed to level the score after around 64 minutes, the ball was played hard and low across the box from the right hand side, evading one stretching Lanark player, fortunately summer signing Ryan O'Donnell was on hand at the back post to tuck the ball away and level the score.

It wasn't to last long though, minutes later Lesmahagow won a corner, the ball managed to find it's way right to the back post evading everyone where it was headed home.

Lanark mounted some late pressure and had a good few chances towards the end of the match, the closest they came to an equaliser were in the form of two great efforts seconds apart from the lively Nicky Millar, both were well saved by ex-Yowe Derek Barnes in the 'Gow goal.

Full Time - Lanark 1-2 Lesmahagow

Thought the Gow started yesterday's game well and made the better chances. I didn't feel watching the game that we would get beat although barnsy did make a double save at the end, the Gow should have been out of sight by then with the chances they missed. I'm looking forward to the Larky game to decide the winner of the section & I expect a Gow win 3-1 Com on the Gow...........,,,,...

I did not trap yesterday I am afraid. Day out in Our Glorious Capital for my wife's birthday. Brownie points in the bag for the season ahead.

I heard we were poor. We both had a player sent off first half. I know our lad feels aggrieved but I don't know why your lad saw red. Finally I heard Barnsey saved the points at the death with an excellent double save.

I am banking on Lanark being the opposite of Man Utd. We have a poor pre season and then start the league well. Law of averages says we have to beat you eventually. I am hoping it is next month in the league.

Well done yesterday however.

8)

Cheers BC, had other commitments masel yesterday, and can't make the League game in September, but happy with the results this season. Always good to get a wee cup run, so hopefully we can turn Larkie over & get to the knock-out stage. Mon the Gow!

Was good to get a win over our rivals Lanark on Saturday...but to be fair it was not a great game and the strong win made it difficult. Thought we deserved our victory as we were marginally the better side. It was not until the last couple of minutes when Lanark threw everyone forward including their keeper at a corner that we looked under any pressure.

We now move onto the next game with Larkhall knowing a win puts us into a home quarter final. In the event of a draw next Saturday at Gaswork Park we would toss a coin to see who is entitled to home advantage for a replay on the Monday afterwards. Lets hope our lads can put on a good performance and get into the quarters at the first time of asking.

Im back, I hope you are well JNC. I dont know why my nom de guerre is coming up Larkyforever, you know who I am.

You are indulging in wishful thinking. You will be out on Saturday.

I was considering a bid for Craighead to turn it into a fishing pond, fly-only of course.

:o

Aw disaster, ah'm up in Inveraray the weekend of the L*n*rk game, how does that happen? Cannae blame the fixture secretary, although don't that lot have a bit ay sway in that direction? But fair play, they didnae ken ah was away that weekend!!

Johnny, are you the last inmate of the Old Inveraray Jail?

I hope you are well. Ive been out the picture for a while, Im well now. And back to work.

Cumbernauld win their league cup section...so the winners of Larkhall v Lesmahagow this Saturday has them at home in the quarter final..that should set up Saturdays game nicely.....looking forward to it ....come on The Gow

Up early and ready for our game versus Larkhall Thistle today.....hope the lads are as excited and pumped up for today....we need a big performance. Should have a new signing in our squad, will confirm that later.....mon the gow.

Archived