The 'Gow chat 2014/15

lobey dosser

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Forth beating Carluke 4-3 last night.....we now face them at Kingshill Park on Monday 4th of August in the Clydesdale Cup final....hope our fans turn out to give the lads some support. It's a chance to win a trophy so....Mon the Gow!!

Well down to our lads for winning in the Clydesdale Cup against Lanark. We were 1-0 down at half-time but a better 2nd half performance and goals from Daryl Meikle (pen) and a winner from Mark Fitzpatrick with a couple of minutes remaining gave us a deserved victory. We move into the Final next Monday with a chance of silverware early in our season. Happy Days

I agree.

Not much between the teams in open play but you created and missed more chances including a penalty. That said Mr Jarvie missed an absolute sitter and we had the chance to equalise your late winner.

Nope coffey is firmly part of the Gows squad for the season.

8)

Good news from my point of view, took me a wee while tae warm tae the wee man, but his workrate is superb & great attitude, he's a handful for any defence, look what happened against L*n*rk on Monday, chased a lost cause & won a pen. Can't buy that, weighs in with a few goals, it's early doors but the signs are good. Cup final on Monday night, see y'all there! Mon the Gow!

Decent run out today versus Cumnock, down by a couple of goals early but fought back after half time to get to 3-2 and we were denied a penalty to draw even. A late goal from a corner took the gloss off of a fine second half performance. Jack Taylor scored twice and our side grew in confidence as the match went on. Plenty positives to take into our Clydesdale Cup final on Monday.

Is the lad Paul Gemmell still with the Gow, can mind he left Forth for the Gow and thought he looked like he could go further in the game

he's had a serious knee injury since last season an It looks like he could be out for quite a while don't think he even knows when he will be back. He had a really good season the year before he got injured an scored quite afew goals from centre back. Really nice guy an hope he gets back playing again

Wasn't much of a match tonight up at Forth tonight in fact the best attack of the night came from the midges.

A few decent players on both sides the two midfielders for Forth in the first half were decent the Gow had coco in midfield the two full backs had a decent game.

Wasn't suprised to see the boy Dick sent off always was a bit of a hothead was the same at Newmains.

Look forward to playing the Gow at Carluke on Saturday which will be a totally different because of the size of the pitch.

Well done the Gow last night!!!!!! It always puts a smile on ma auld mug when the Gow win.

I thought the Forth started well & it took the Gow 20mins to adjust to the Forth playing 3 in the middle of the park. The Gow then finished the first half stronger, and could have took advantage if our striker never got caught offside constantly it just broke up any rhythm the team was trying to build. The second half was scrappy although from my point of view I like having a look at the attitude & fitness of our players in this type of game (As there are plenty scrappy games throughout a season). Having played Cumnock on Saturday then a decent Forth team on Monday the Gow players looked a wee bit heavy legged and the chances of this being a good game was always slim. I would like to wish the Forth all the best in the coming season and I’m sure they will do well.

P.S It’s always nice to win a cup, Com on the Gow!!!!!!!!!!!

Spot on with the match summary and as a Forth supporter wasn't to disheartened. Good luck to the Gow for the season ahead and congratulations on winning the cup.

Great to see Forth more than hold there own against teams like Carluke and the Gow, fills us with some confidence for this year.

Archived