Welsh support for scottish independence.

The nadir had to be the MEP.

A two term MEP actually.

I'm not sure Scotland has any two term MEPs, think they've all been around longer than that. maybe Alyn Smith of the SNP is the exception there.

And the Ukip guy obviously.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as the President of the United States.

Or China.

A google search on "Noam Chomsky Scottish Independence" brings up as its first two entries... reports in the Guardian and the Scotsman reporting his comments.

A two term MEP actually.

Ah, sorry. I take it back. A 2 term MEP indeed....

Li Kegiang is a mere stripling in his role. Nothing like the cachet of a 2 time MEP.

Well,no Burma said external supporters of indy had gone unreported, then produced a list which had people whose views were in fact reported.

More to the point, then produced a list which had people, some of whom hadn't even supported independence.

Ah, sorry. I take it back. A 2 term MEP indeed....

Li Kegiang is a mere stripling in his role. Nothing like the cachet of a 2 time MEP.

shadow Justice Minister was my favourite.

I doubt the majority of posters on this forum could name the Shadow Justice people at Holyrood

More to the point, then produced a list which had people, some of whom hadn't even supported independence.

Can you provide evidence that they have never at any point supported independence?

Reporting that a 2-term Irish MEP supports independence would be like the New York Times reporting "major blow to Obama stimulus package as Gordon Mathieson comes out against it".

Reporting that a 2-term Irish MEP supports independence would be like the New York Times reporting "major blow to Obama stimulus package as Gordon Mathieson comes out against it".

Or equally the First Minister of Wales. Oh sorry, I forgot he is an important person. :rolleyes:

Noam Cholmsky (not a politician) possibly the worlds leading author on global politics

"Leading" in output if not analysis.

Not that I take issue with your point but Chomsky's opinion was well publicised by The Guardian (online at least).

Or equally the First Minister of Wales. Oh sorry, I forgot he is an important person. :rolleyes:

The head of the executive of a devolved administration that would actually be directly affected by the structural consequences of Scottish secession is, yes, more important to the Scottish independence debate than an Irish MEP, as indeed is the Welsh First Minister more important to the Scottish constitutional question than the head of Glasgow City Council is to Barack Obama's stimulus package.

The head of the executive of a devolved administration that would actually be directly affected by the structural consequences of Scottish secession is, yes, more important to the Scottish independence debate than an Irish MEP, as indeed is the Welsh First Minister more important to the Scottish constitutional question than the head of Glasgow City Council is to Barack Obama's stimulus package.

He has no say on the matter, he is irrelevant.

ETA: It is almost surreal, how you appear to think that you are the determining power regarding the relevance an importance of individuals to the debate. Now, speaking of irrelevant, 12% of the Welsh population is substantially more than the Lib Dems received in the last election. Perhaps you can therefore advice which is more irrelevant. 12% of Wales or the Lib Dems.

He has no say on the matter, he is irrelevant.

He really isn't. It affects his budget, the composition of the British Irish Council and the balance of political influence relative to Westminster his government has on the question of powers exercised by the Assembly of which he is a Member and the Executive which he leads. It affects the domestic rights of the British citizens who elected him on a whole range of issues where eligibility for government support is contingent to some extent upon citizenship. It affects the underlying macroeconomic arrangements, fiscal and monetary, which sustain the governmental settlement under which he exercises power.

The same is not true of a two-term Irish MEP.

He really isn't. It affects his budget, the composition of the British Irish Council and the balance of political influence relative to Westminster his government has on the question of powers exercised by the Assembly of which he is a Member and the Executive which he leads. It affects the domestic rights of the British citizens who elected him on a whole range of issues where eligibility for government support is contingent to some extent upon citizenship. It affects the underlying macroeconomic arrangements, fiscal and monetary, which sustain the governmental settlement under which he exercises power.

In the context of a Scottish Referendum he is most certainly irrelevant.

Long hand for he'll miss the subsidy from Scotland!

Archived