Welsh support for scottish independence.

this is a great video. In the old days they could keep the welsh quiet and A very well made video showing welsh support for scottish independence. I knew it was being made but had no idea how good it was going to be. well worth a watch .

They throw about bias polls as if they are representative of welsh opinion. Thanks to social media these days though the welsh people wont be silenced anymore. no politician or bbc speaks for these people. They say "the vast majority" this and "the vast majority" that. They wouldn't have a clue what the people think. Polls taken in little towns on the welsh border gives them the results they want but is in no way reflective of welsh opinion.

the bbc and their polls are pathetic. One asked 100 people in welsh border towns and they said "welsh people against scot independence" wtf 100 people representative of 3.2 million. Hows that then? What upsets me is, unionists use this as a weapon to tell scottish people they are isolated in their quest for independence. Only now thanks to social media are the welsh people able to voice their opinions. Before the unionist politicians were the voice of the people. not anymore and they hate that so much. There is far far more support in wales for scottish independence than the media will have you believe.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doubt Wales will ever get independence simply because there's a higher percentage of English (born in England or English ancestry) people than in Scotland. Have heard people refer to "Welsh Wales" and "English Wales" before.

For some reason English people in Wales and Scotland are overwhelmingly pro-union simple because of their nationality which is strange as they often cite their dislike for nationalism as the reason for voting against independence. Personally think it's due to the fact that English/British nationality is entrenched in a colonial mindset.

Good to see Catalans in that video too. Regardless of how Scotland votes it's only a matter of time until Catalonia is independent.

this is a great video. In the old days they could keep the welsh quiet and A very well made video showing welsh support for scottish independence. I knew it was being made but had no idea how good it was going to be. well worth a watch .
They throw about bias polls as if they are representative of welsh opinion. Thanks to social media these days though the welsh people wont be silenced anymore. no politician or bbc speaks for these people. They say "the vast majority" this and "the vast majority" that. They wouldn't have a clue what the people think. Polls taken in little towns on the welsh border gives them the results they want but is in no way reflective of welsh opinion.
the bbc and their polls are pathetic. One asked 100 people in welsh border towns and they said "welsh people against scot independence" wtf 100 people representative of 3.2 million. Hows that then? What upsets me is, unionists use this as a weapon to tell scottish people they are isolated in their quest for independence. Only now thanks to social media are the welsh people able to voice their opinions. Before the unionist politicians were the voice of the people. not anymore and they hate that so much. There is far far more support in wales for scottish independence than the media will have you believe.

In that case I'd be happy to let you drift off into the Irish Sea,you go for it mate, goodbye!

In that case I'd be happy to let you drift off into the Irish Sea,you go for it mate, goodbye!

Is that what happens to countries who become independent? Are they cut adrift with no friends?

If that were to happen where would the poor unfortunate souls that are the Saltcoats Loyal going to go?

If that were to happen where would the poor unfortunate souls that are the Saltcoats Loyal going to go?

Ironically I think they are emigrating to Wales. Something to do with England letting "any c**t in"

Why are English people who are against independence more or less told to f**k off because it has nothing to do with them, but Welsh people who are pro-independence are welcomed with open arms? :huh:

Well I'm certainly not committing myself one way or the other on the referendum until I've found out what Welsh public opinion says on the matter.

Im waiting on the bishop of vanuatu myself

I don't have a problem with people outside of Scotland having an opinion on the referendum.

Yes, that's right, not even the English.

The only people that really matter are those who have a vote in this. I'm not particularly convinced by the "Hands Across the Celtic Ocean" stuff myself.

The only similarity that Wales has with Scotland is that it shared the same island with England, but isn't England.

Otherwise the circumstances and histories are entirely different so any comparison is not at all meaningful. It will be decades before Wales has a referendum similar to the one we are having now, if it ever does.

I don't have a problem with people outside of Scotland having an opinion on the referendum.

Yes, that's right, not even the English.

The only people that really matter are those who have a vote in this.

That's pretty much how I feel about it. I care about as much about this support from Wales as I do about the lack of it from anywhere else. It's all just window dressing.

I think that's fair enough, as long as there is consistency.

There seems to be a fury when foreigners express hope that Scotland votes No, and silence when foreigners suggest Scotland shuld vote Yes, or hope we do.

I don't have a problem with anyone not having a vote expressing an opinion either. It's meaningless, but it's their right to comment as they see fit.

I'd say any politicians who say something about the vote will say it with their own politics in mind. I doubt any of them will be coming out with their heart on their sleeve, and if they do, the heart will be linked with the politics.

I think that's fair enough, as long as there is consistency.

There seems to be a fury when foreigners express hope that Scotland votes No, and silence when foreigners suggest Scotland shuld vote Yes, or hope we do.

I don't have a problem with anyone not having a vote expressing an opinion either. It's meaningless, but it's their right to comment as they see fit.

In the end it is all totally irrelevant. I have no problem with non-voting anyones saying "Naw".

Heads of state that the UK goverment have cajoled and pleaded, with trembling bottom lip, to say "I hope the UK stays together" when clearly they don't really give a f**k either way, is another matter.

UK government sobbing bitterly to thirty four different countries via embassies abroad

Archived