F**k This! I'm Off!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My job lacks any challenge. Customer service is just awful. If you have a decent attitude towards actually working you have done yourself no favour as you are first to get called to go back on. Grown men in actual tears over £0.50p and the like.

There's nothing more satisfying in customer services then causing some foul mouthed Welshman to have a breakdown when they realise that they're not getting what they want.

There's nothing more satisfying in customer services then causing some foul mouthed Welshman to have a breakdown when they realise that they're not getting what they want.

how long does the application take to do mate ?

You have to do an online test first. It asks you mathematics, literacy and logical questions which was a piece of piss. You have 10 minutes to answer 21 questions though.

I'm going to fill in the online forms later.

Since I started dealing with the general public I've lost all respect for the welsh and came to the conclusion they're all related to the same family.

This clip helps support that argument

It's Irish subhumans for me

There isn't a day that goes by in my work that I consider throwing in the towel. I work in a call centre and it's hard to believe they are still in business sometimes. They recently switched their systems over to a new software that is hilariously awful. There isn't a day that it doesn't crash, go down or cause some kind of problem. The number of issues it has caused customers aswell is unreal. Customers getting debt collection letters for bills they have never received and shite like that and there are issues it's causing on accounts with no solutions available so we actually have to tell customers there's nothing we can do and actually have to sit and hope it goes away. The level of support available for staff is well none and seeing as we have to ask management for permission to do everything, we all have to go and chase down a manager to ask to do our jobs. Naturally this fucks our hold and acw stats and they push us to bring them down constantly. Also when I went for this job I was assured that there was 0 sales in this role, now I have daily sales targets. I've not quit and don't plan on yet, but if every do get my probation review(which is 2 weeks late) and they keep me I'll stick it out til I find something better.

There isn't a day that goes by in my work that I consider throwing in the towel. I work in a call centre and it's hard to believe they are still in business sometimes. They recently switched their systems over to a new software that is hilariously awful. There isn't a day that it doesn't crash, go down or cause some kind of problem. The number of issues it has caused customers aswell is unreal. Customers getting debt collection letters for bills they have never received and shite like that and there are issues it's causing on accounts with no solutions available so we actually have to tell customers there's nothing we can do and actually have to sit and hope it goes away. The level of support available for staff is well none and seeing as we have to ask management for permission to do everything, we all have to go and chase down a manager to ask to do our jobs. Naturally this fucks our hold and acw stats and they push us to bring them down constantly. Also when I went for this job I was assured that there was 0 sales in this role, now I have daily sales targets. I've not quit and don't plan on yet, but if every do get my probation review(which is 2 weeks late) and they keep me I'll stick it out til I find something better.

what call centre is it if you dont mind me asking , sounds awfy familiar to my experience in one :lol:

Management fecking useless again, anyone see a theme on this thread?

The problem with management is there are three types of managers.

The first type is the worker who actually wants to be a manager. This kind of person is usually a complete c**t with severe psycological issues driving their desire for power. They are almost certainly complete inadequates in life or vile bullies.

The second type is the worker that doesn't want to be a manager but has somehow become one. They are usually decent types put offer no leadership what so ever, are often incompetent or don't give a f**k and are sometimes so passive they let the biggest loud mouth bellend in the place 'unofficially' take over the running of the place.

The third type is the 'text book' manager. This person is like some kind of android who's been programmed at some red brick university with management bollocks. Usually they know nothing about the actual business while attempting to manage the department and are always out of their depth. They piss everyone off with 'fun prizes' for targets and generally treat staff like giant babies. Behind their powerpoint presentations and flip charts they are usually completely useless jack of no trades who serve no function whatsoever.

The problem with management is there are three types of managers.

The first type is the worker who actually wants to be a manager. This kind of person is usually a complete c**t with severe psycological issues driving their desire for power. They are almost certainly complete inadequates in life or vile bullies.

The second type is the worker that doesn't want to be a manager but has somehow become one. They are usually decent types put offer no leadership what so ever, are often incompetent or don't give a f**k and are sometimes so passive they let the biggest loud mouth bellend in the place 'unofficially' take over the running of the place.

The third type is the 'text book' manager. This person is like some kind of android who's been programmed at some red brick university with management bollocks. Usually they know nothing about the actual business while attempting to manage the department and are always out of their depth. They piss everyone off with 'fun prizes' for targets and generally treat staff like giant babies. Behind their powerpoint presentations and flip charts they are usually completely useless jack of no trades who serve no function whatsoever.

Disagree with this. You do on occasion get a genuinely good manager who is good at managing. My last job in Glasgow I went through 6 or 7 team leaders in the 4 years I was in the job, 1 of them was fantastic and the rest fitted perfectly into one of the categories above. The guy who runs the department I work in now is also a very good manager. Those 2, and one other person I can think of, out of 40 or 50 managers since I started working 17 years ago. Not a great strike rate.

Same as above.

You do get the occasional one, usually it's in a unionised environment where people can't be walked over and managers can stick up for their workers rather than just take any BS that gets thrown at them.

You want someone who will fight your corner and treat everyone objectively and not play politics.

If you get this then you tend to work harder for them when required. Benefits the company and the employees in the long run imo.

Archived