F**k This! I'm Off!

I think about this everyday at work, I have no commitments and some money put away. This option gets ever more appealing each day ha.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I felt exactly the same nearly 20 years ago.

With British Gas working crazy hours, 24 hour shifts in the pissing rain and more bosses than I could give sweary nicknames for.

Took VR and fucked off to Tenerife. Was there for a few years before going to Lanzarote then Greece, Netherlands and back to Tenerife.

Now been in England for just over a year so might try and settle but you really do only live once and if you can go for it then go.

If you've commitments in Scotland then have a serious think first, if they're not worth bothering about then get a taxi to the airport and go anywhere.

I've got a big decision, I've no kids, not got a mortgage although my savings were towards a mortgage and that's what I'd be living off.

I'm going home even more off a miserable kuhnt than normal. When my work life starts interfering with my home life enoughs a enough

It's the old saying that you only live once that always sticks in my head

Thing is it's not the actual day to day job, it's everything that goes with it. Arsehole management, arse lickers and abysmal people management

THIS! This, this, this!

There is nothing worse in this life than a crawler. The type of person who will run to the gaffer to tell them exactly how much they've done of a particular day and the thing is, they are usually the laziest b*****d on the go, being carried by their peers.

I work with one such person who claims he is 'team leader material' (nope, I'm not kidding....I mean, a TEAM LEADER...talk about ambition! :lol:), he claims he's not a 'Joe Bloggs like all of you' and he's intellectual (in fact he's an utter fucking puddle drinker) and he is so socially retarded and lacking in self deprecation that he's like a red rag to a bull for me to mercilessly rip the pish out of him as he blatantly can't handle it.

And the thing is, despite actually telling both management and his peers that he's deserving of a better pay rise than us (which he didn't get, he WAS told he was a valued team member at his appraisal, which he popped a stauner over before realising we were all told the same) and deserving of more responsibility than the rest of us (he's been in our dept. for 12 months and bragged to me he's better than us because he's trained on 6 different processes....I didn't inform him I'm trained in 23), he's constantly on the take. I've dug him up for this on numerous occasions for being both an arse licker and a total wideo when it comes to hanging out of the rest of us, but despite his tendencies, he genuinely doesn't appear to believe he's a lazy arse licker and is in fact so deluded that he honestly believes he's the top dog.

And the scary thing is? He only the worst in my Dept. There is an ocean of wanks who are worse than he is in my work.

Go you chicken fat go.

If you're commitments are as you say, do it.

100% this mate...

If I could go back to a time before mortgage & wife & kids then I'd 100% go travelling.

(NB. This does not in any way mean I don't love my wife & my kids, wouldn't change them for the world,

but fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck me it's like a ball & chain at times :D )

THIS! This, this, this!

There is nothing worse in this life than a crawler. The type of person who will run to the gaffer to tell them exactly how much they've done of a particular day and the thing is, they are usually the laziest b*****d on the go, being carried by their peers.

I work with one such person who claims he is 'team leader material' (nope, I'm not kidding....I mean, a TEAM LEADER...talk about ambition! :lol:), he claims he's not a 'Joe Bloggs like all of you' and he's intellectual (in fact he's an utter fucking puddle drinker) and he is so socially retarded and lacking in self deprecation that he's like a red rag to a bull for me to mercilessly rip the pish out of him as he blatantly can't handle it.

And the thing is, despite actually telling both management and his peers that he's deserving of a better pay rise than us (which he didn't get, he WAS told he was a valued team member at his appraisal, which he popped a stauner over before realising we were all told the same) and deserving of more responsibility than the rest of us (he's been in our dept. for 12 months and bragged to me he's better than us because he's trained on 6 different processes....I didn't inform him I'm trained in 23), he's constantly on the take. I've dug him up for this on numerous occasions for being both an arse licker and a total wideo when it comes to hanging out of the rest of us, but despite his tendencies, he genuinely doesn't appear to believe he's a lazy arse licker and is in fact so deluded that he honestly believes he's the top dog.

And the scary thing is? He only the worst in my Dept. There is an ocean of wanks who are worse than he is in my work.

Seen the same thing too, can't go into details but they are exactly the same.

Management don't want to come up with a fair system that rewards work objectively or actually build relationships with all workers so take the easy way out and rely on a couple of spying brown nosing gimps who annoy the hell out of everyone.

Butting in with pointless shit at meetings, reporting people for small mistakes and thinking they are the most important people in the workplace.

The entire atmosphere is so much more chilled out and people work better as a team when they aren't there but are too scared to talk about the elephant in the room other than ripping the pish out of them behind their backs.

One guy used to rip them silly, got promoted into supervisor and is now their best mate at work but likes to slag him off discreetly but yet shows his emails and private stuff.

Pretty sad really.

Oh and when I do something, I make sure EVERYCUNT knows about it. Thinking of spurious reasons for CCing in higher ups when I'm sending in some work etc. All that shit.

Even had to format the results of a wee stakeholder survey and tailored the results to make all the good things the stuff I work on.

Sounds like I'm the guy you all hate. If you be hatin on playas, get out the game bitches.

locke.png

just turned twenty recently and currently working in an office doing I.T., bored. seriously considering joining the merchant/royal navy or r.a.f and picking up a trade, seeing the world a bit, and getting payed a decent amount to do so. anyone on here went down this route ? which of these 3 do you think would be the best options ?

Seems to be the same all over these days. UK has terrible management skills.

Certainly in my line of work, I find that people often just find themselves in managerial positions after essentially being forced to move up the ladder, often against their will. In some companies, it can almost look bad if you're not some form of manager after so many years in the business. My former manager had zero management experience but managed to bullshit his way up when the position opened due to his massive ego. He had few people skills, screwed up a lot of the business plan and jumped ship to another company when things started to look rough and bonuses became a thing of the past.

My former company often preyed on such people as although they couldn't afford the wages which the big oil operators could give, they gave them the option of returning to their beloved technical work for a lesser salary.

All depends on the role of course as some people are very lucky to enjoy the work they do. Sadly I get the feeling that most people see it as a means to an end in places where adult bullying and backstabbing is rife.

just turned twenty recently and currently working in an office doing I.T., bored. seriously considering joining the merchant/royal navy or r.a.f and picking up a trade, seeing the world a bit, and getting payed a decent amount to do so. anyone on here went down this route ? which of these 3 do you think would be the best options ?

When I was 18 (many,many moons ago) I had 3 career offers, one of which was as a trainee electronics officer with Shell Tankers. I chose one of the other options but hindsight being what it is, I wish I had gone to sea.

If you have the opportunity to join the MM, grab it with both hands.

I really fancied the RAF when I was around your age. I went and had the initial and follow up chats, then I got a bird and settled down. On and off for 4 years, it never worked out and I'm absolutely gutted I never just told her to fuckoff after the first split and went to the RAF.

My advice? Don't miss the chance mate, go.

When I was 18 (many,many moons ago) I had 3 career offers, one of which was as a trainee electronics officer with Shell Tankers. I chose one of the other options but hindsight being what it is, I wish I had gone to sea.

If you have the opportunity to join the MM, grab it with both hands.

cheers guys , putting some serious thought into it and will be looking into it over the coming weeks. not tied down in a relationship atm deeboy , so I have nothing holding me back . i just cant bear the the thought of working in an office all my life :(

If you're serious about joining the navy, just make sure you like all 3 of these things:

rum_bun3-600x600.jpg

The-North-Face-Granite-Dome-Mens-Shorts.

concertina_1.jpg

and you'll be fine.

Join the merchant navy,know loads of people who've taken the plunge. See the world get paid a fortune and retire at 50 or before.

I have a friend who has gone down this route. Once you're qualified it's very rewarding, you have however three years of studying on very little money to get through first though.

There's more ways to get in than that though. That doesn't mention Visa Subclass 186 and 187 - that's the route the wife and me are going down, looking to get in on her hairdressing via a sponsor. Obviously you need an employer lined up to sponsor you so it helps if you've got someone over there to sort out some shit for you.

Re the OP, tell your gaffer to shove his job up his fucking arse, walk out with your finger in the air and go and travel SE Asia before working in Oz for a year.

My job lacks any challenge. Customer service is just awful. If you have a decent attitude towards actually working you have done yourself no favour as you are first to get called to go back on. Grown men in actual tears over £0.50p and the like.

Archived