F**k This! I'm Off!

Anyone ever been so fed up off the constant bullshit at their work and getting more and more piled onto you yet it's still not good enough and thought "f**k yersel, get on with it yerself" and walked out??

The thought is going through my head daily. I've got a few quid savings which was for a mortgage but Ibiza, Mallorca, Tenerife and Benidorm sound far more appealing right now!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been there, done it mate and lived to tell the tale..... Got another job now and life is better :)

Was getting totally over worked - 14,15+ hours every day and no matter how much I done, there was always more...... Finally was falling asleep behind the wheel on the motorway before I decided - fk this, enough is enough.... I'm lucky though, no kids or mortgage - so the only person to consider was me but I never starved to death, I looked for another job, told potential employers my reasons for leaving my last job and it ( must have ) sounded fair enough......

Fight the Power HairyBawz :guntoting and good luck bud with whatever you decide 8)

Thought this was going to be a resignation meltdown.

Massively disappointed.

Same here.

However, I was soooooo close to walking out of work last month through an absolute shambles of a redundancy process. It had previously been discussed with managers that my pay in lieu would begin from my final day in the office in return for finishing a project off. When I finally got my notice of redundancy in writing (as the project /my end date kept changing), HR claimed that I'd 'wilfully' worked 2 of my 3 months notice, effectively working for nothing.

I went out for lunch, purposely leaving my house keys in my desk drawer so that I had to come back after what would hopefully be an hour cool off period. Got it sorted in the end thankfully after a bit of (effective) blackmailing seeing as giving me those 2 months wages would have been much cheaper than me not finishing the project in time and the company incurring a significant penalty fine from the client.

I was close to that point in my last job. It was only the fact it was a fixed contract with a definite end point that stopped me, otherwise I would have jacked it in. If it's getting to you that much on a regular basis, quit. The short-term pain of being unemployed and job hunting will be far better than the long-term damage to your sanity doing a job you hate.

Thing is it's not the actual day to day job, it's everything that goes with it. Arsehole management, arse lickers and abysmal people management

The more you do the more you get piled onto you. In months gone by when things were tight staff wise I knocked my kuhnt and for personal pride. In reality all I really done was shoot myself in the foot as lately I've been doing 2 people's jobs and training someone. Still not good enough!!!

Phoned up "not well" for a couple off days off last month to go to the Nigeria game and by all accounts they struggled big time, you'd think that would've gave them a bit off a wake up call

My last job treated me like shit, refused to give me the payrise I was due on the basis of "your nightshift and we don't see enough to justify giving you it" refused my holidays constantly as no one wanted to cover me. Was never allowed to finish on time because the morning manager was always late and demanded I stayed behind.

I got a better job after 4 months there and handed in my notice. Needless to say they shit themselves, offered my payrise, offered to backdate it and train more people up to do my job so I could have my holidays, I rejected it, they then offered me a trainee manager job, which I also rejected.

I had 2 weeks to work and they took all my shifts off me except for the bare minimum and stupid shift times. Thank f**k I left there, it was all politics and bullshit.

Thing is it's not the actual day to day job, it's everything that goes with it. Arsehole management, arse lickers and abysmal people management

The more you do the more you get piled onto you. In months gone by when things were tight staff wise I knocked my kuhnt and for personal pride. In reality all I really done was shoot myself in the foot as lately I've been doing 2 people's jobs and training someone. Still not good enough!!!

Phoned up "not well" for a couple off days off last month to go to the Nigeria game and by all accounts they struggled big time, you'd think that would've gave them a bit off a wake up call

Seems to be the same all over these days. UK has terrible management skills.

There's voluntary severance on offer at my work at the moment.

I'm very fucking tempted.

VS has been available at our work from last August and the last application date is 31st December this year.

I went to HR for an 'informal chat' but the reality is that I'm unlikely to qualify as things currently stand.

Daughter has just started 6th year studies and is planning on going to Uni' after that. Sadly it looks as though I'm f**king stuck here.

Anyone ever been so fed up off the constant bullshit at their work and getting more and more piled onto you yet it's still not good enough and thought "f**k yersel, get on with it yerself" and walked out??

The thought is going through my head daily. I've got a few quid savings which was for a mortgage but Ibiza, Mallorca, Tenerife and Benidorm sound far more appealing right now!!

I felt exactly the same nearly 20 years ago.

With British Gas working crazy hours, 24 hour shifts in the pissing rain and more bosses than I could give sweary nicknames for.

Took VR and fucked off to Tenerife. Was there for a few years before going to Lanzarote then Greece, Netherlands and back to Tenerife.

Now been in England for just over a year so might try and settle but you really do only live once and if you can go for it then go.

If you've commitments in Scotland then have a serious think first, if they're not worth bothering about then get a taxi to the airport and go anywhere.

I felt exactly the same nearly 20 years ago.

With British Gas working crazy hours, 24 hour shifts in the pissing rain and more bosses than I could give sweary nicknames for.

Took VR and fucked off to Tenerife. Was there for a few years before going to Lanzarote then Greece, Netherlands and back to Tenerife.

Now been in England for just over a year so might try and settle but you really do only live once and if you can go for it then go.

If you've commitments in Scotland then have a serious think first, if they're not worth bothering about then get a taxi to the airport and go anywhere.

Absolutely this. It's not perfect, but the conditions(and women) are far far better.

Archived