All Hurlford United Chat 2014/15

Killiepiyo

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gus Cochrane scored against Ayr. I thought he had been released.

I thought he played really well against Lugar on Wednesday night. He was chasing every loose ball and took his goal well.

Possibly Darren has had a change of heart.

Any further news on wether or not the 2 trialists will be offered contracts? (Jamie McHarrie who was involved in all three home friendlies) looks as though he could possibly do us a turn.

The other guy (don't know his name) who came on late on in the Lugar match and played up front wasn't on long enough to be able to tell if he can do a job or not. And as I wasn't at Dalbeattie yesterday I don't know if either of them or any new faces got a run out.

It should be another tester for us at Winton Park on Wednesday and I'm already looking forward to Saturdays away day to Dunbar (I may have seats available ).

I thought he played really well against Lugar on Wednesday night. He was chasing every loose ball and took his goal well.

Possibly Darren has had a change of heart.

Any further news on wether or not the 2 trialists will be offered contracts? (Jamie McHarrie who was involved in all three home friendlies) looks as though he could possibly do us a turn.

The other guy (don't know his name) who came on late on in the Lugar match and played up front wasn't on long enough to be able to tell if he can do a job or not. And as I wasn't at Dalbeattie yesterday I don't know if either of them or any new faces got a run out.

It should be another tester for us at Winton Park on Wednesday and I'm already looking forward to Saturdays away day to Dunbar (I may have seats available ).

Maybe Killiepiyo Could fill us in? And I could be interested on going to Dunbar mate.

Heard dalbeattie played hurlford off park.... Disappointed as we (Wigtown) lost yin our best players to you's. Mean Wigtown were dominate towards dalb in cup final 70/30 possession infact could nae get close to them us hurlford a step down for Jamie mc harrie? Perhaps boy need encouragement. A thought Jamie was takin a step up gan wi you's. Mayb not.

Heard dalbeattie played hurlford off park.... Disappointed as we (Wigtown) lost yin our best players to you's. Mean Wigtown were dominate towards dalb in cup final 70/30 possession infact could nae get close to them us hurlford a step down for Jamie mc harrie? Perhaps boy need encouragement. A thought Jamie was takin a step up gan wi you's. Mayb not.

You heard, so you didn't see? . its pre season big chap looking at the line up I would say it wasn't our strongest 11. And to say he's takin a step down going by a pre season result is just ridiculous.

Gus Cochrane scored against Ayr. I thought he had been released.

Apologies for

mistakingly posting that maybe Darren had a change of heart!

Gus hadn't been released!

It was just (as reported in Kilmarnock Standard) that he had yet to sign a new contract. That's how we both possibly misread the situation.

Hopefully this will put a bit of clarity on the subject lol.

Here's hoping he stays though.

The 'Ford came from behind 3 times yesterday to win 4-3 in their penultimate friendly away to Dunbar United.

The winner was a trademark Stevie Masterton free kick which came a couple of minutes after his cool lob over the keeper came back off the post.

The 'Ford's 3 other goals came from corners. (And all goals correctly predicted by HUFC 2012 lol)

The first being credited to Ross Robertson after a scramble in the box.

Ross's namesake Chris Robertson grabbed his first goal on his return to his hometown club ( to the delight of his sponsor!! Lol me!!!!!) as he

Was first to react to the high corner.

Paul "Taz" McKenzie deservedly got on the scoresheet five minutes before Masterton's cracking free kick.

Hurlford came close on numerous occasions and could have been easily 4 up before the break in a surprisingly goalless 1st half.

Our final pre-season match will take place at Blair Park on Wednesday with a 7pm kick off against Wishaw with the first competitive match of the season on Saturday at home to Saltcoats in the Ardagh cup.

Apologies for getting a bit carried away there lol.

The 'Ford came from behind 3 times yesterday to win 4-3 in their penultimate friendly away to Dunbar United.

The winner was a trademark Stevie Masterton free kick which came a couple of minutes after his cool lob over the keeper came back off the post.

The 'Ford's 3 other goals came from corners. (And all goals correctly predicted by HUFC 2012 lol)

The first being credited to Ross Robertson after a scramble in the box.

Ross's namesake Chris Robertson grabbed his first goal on his return to his hometown club ( to the delight of his sponsor!! Lol me!!!!!) as he

Was first to react to the high corner.

Paul "Taz" McKenzie deservedly got on the scoresheet five minutes before Masterton's cracking free kick.

Hurlford came close on numerous occasions and could have been easily 4 up before the break in a surprisingly goalless 1st half.

Our final pre-season match will take place at Blair Park on Wednesday with a 7pm kick off against Wishaw with the first competitive match of the season on Saturday at home to Saltcoats in the Ardagh cup.

Apologies for getting a bit carried away there lol.

Ford,

Can I say it was a great pleasure to have the current junior cup holders visit us for a friendly. It was a decent game and our team did very well against yourselves, although you are right that it could have been about 6-2 to yourselves if chances had been taken before half time. But we gave a good account of ourselves and I bet there where not many would have thought it could have been as close, myself included. We have a new committee and management team and they have done a good job so far, and I'm sure you will have another good season and from all at Dunbar ,thanks for the visit. I hope you enjoyed yourselves.

Ford,

Can I say it was a great pleasure to have the current junior cup holders visit us for a friendly. It was a decent game and our team did very well against yourselves, although you are right that it could have been about 6-2 to yourselves if chances had been taken before half time. But we gave a good account of ourselves and I bet there where not many would have thought it could have been as close, myself included. We have a new committee and management team and they have done a good job so far, and I'm sure you will have another good season and from all at Dunbar ,thanks for the visit. I hope you enjoyed yourselves.

Apologies for coming across as one sided and you're right so credit where it's due.

Dunbar played well and certainly made us work for the result in what was an entertaining match.

Also a great deal of gratitude goes to all involved at your club for welcoming us to what looks like a well run club with facilities that would put most other clubs to shame.

I'm sure I can say this on behalf of everyone connected to Hurlford United in wishing you all the very best for the seasons ahead and hope that our paths cross again sooner rather than later (for a friendly of course).

Even the Dunbar weather played its part and stayed dry for the duration of the match.

Who knows maybe this could be a regular pre season fixture. (It certainly beats playing teams from the same area lol).

Again. All the best to Dunbar United.

What can I say The FORD it's just a feeling a get during games lol. And I echo what you have said about yesterday's game and the set up at Dunbar was impressive I do like visiting new grounds in the juniors, wudnt mind that being a regular pre season fixture as I agree with you beats playing teams from same area. Would like to wish all at Dunbar all the best for the coming season.

Committee Members Wanted

Running a successful football club requires the effort of many hard working volunteers behind the scenes and without their priceless work the club would not be able function. This is why the club are seeking some more volunteers for the season ahead to ensure the smooth running and progress of Hurlford United.

You can expect to be treated with the utmost of respect while learning new skills and utilising existing ones within a dynamic and progressive footballing environment. What ever your age or background we would love to hear from you.

If you feel you could help please contact any committee member at any game or use the contact section of our website to send your details and we'll be in touch.

Many thanks
HUFC Committee

Did anyone record the friendly v Wishaw? I couldn't make the game and was looking to see the highlights or even just the goal. Thanks in advance.

the goal was your highlights as all the play was at the opposite end but a wins a win!

Unfortunately not for us.

Any Saltcoats fans on pnb who is yir young cb ginger headed lad? looks a decent player thought he had a great game today.

I wasn't at the game but I reckon the player you are talking about is probably Calum Hercus. A very competent centre back.

Archived