All Hurlford United Chat 2014/15

Killiepiyo

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talbot surely cannot be as bad as that for the rest of the season. Hurlford were the better team until the second red and for times after that. Gormley is done at that level and Spence must have been up late with his buddies at George Square because he appeared hungover.

As for Hurlford, well two needless reds and you're never going to win. I hope those two apologised profusely afterwards.

Talbot surely cannot be as bad as that for the rest of the season. Hurlford were the better team until the second red and for times after that. Gormley is done at that level and Spence must have been up late with his buddies at George Square because he appeared hungover.

As for Hurlford, well two needless reds and you're never going to win. I hope those two apologised profusely afterwards.

Playing as bad as that and winning 3points will do me. they could be the difference at the end of the season. :thumsup2

Really?? Hurlford never created a single goal scoring opportunity from open play..... The single chance of note they had came from a corner in the second half that their lad won a good header at the back post but even then Talbot`s defence had enough of a presence to put it away for another corner. The Talbot defence will not have an easier day the rest of the season. Not many passages of decent play from either team but when it did occur it was produced by Talbot. Hurlford`s indiscipline is nothing to do with the ref (and it`s clearly something that will give them problems through the season with suspensions etc if the dont rectify it now). He is required to act on it though....So for all Talbot were "bad" as you say, they kept a really good shape and their discipline throughout the game and they are probably the hardest working set of players you`ll see week in and week out (regardless of how the individuals are playing)

Game was a big let down IMO. Although the playing surface is really decent at Blair Park but the size of it looks the problem for teams like these two who like to knock the ball around. They seemed very much on top of each other and quite a few kicks from the keepers seemed to bounce through to their counterpart.

On the game, first sending off was justified and a crazy tackle by McGregor. Didn't have a good view of the second one as I was other side of the park and it didn't look as though the cameraman was their either so I'll have to make to do with what has been said on here.

Even with the nine men Hurlford gave it a real go although Talbot looked pretty strong at the back with Mark Campbell outstanding and always looked capable of stepping up that wee bit.

on paper talbots hardest game of the season league wise. Talbot won easily without reaching there peak. But second half performance wasn't good enough especially when Hurlford went down to 9.

I wouldn't argue with that assumption. If there was a second goal in the game it looked more likely coming from Talbot but Hurlford showed a lot of character after going down to nine men. You would have never known there was two players difference between the teams.

Archived