Salmond Vs. Darling - The Debate

ham89

Darling v Salmond 1, August 5th STV, according to Salmond on Twitter

Has Darling/BetterTogetherNoThanks accepted this officially or are they still fuming because Salmond picked the "time and place".

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has Darling/BetterTogetherNoThanks accepted this officially or are they still fuming because Salmond picked the "time and place".

not confirmed by them, but I don't see why they would not agree

So what was all that cheese and whine from Nothanksdarlngbetterukoktogether earlier?

don't think it was a "whine" just a polite, why wait for Cameron, when he is clearly not coming

Your not that naive, surely.

There is no way that BetterTogether are going to allow Darling to be exposed in a live head to head debate. They will walk away from the STV debate and accept a BBC invitation to be part of a Question Time style panel.

I wouldn't mind seeing Blair McDougall in a debate actually, just so I could see him publicly outed for the passive-aggressive, head in the sand shitebag that he comes across as.

Bearing in mind that he was the one who refused to debate with Jenkins and also was the guy who refused Denis Canavan's challenge to Darling. Apparantly Darling would only debate Salmond but now they appear to be bricking that too. Highly unlikely MacDougall will debate anyone. He will stick to Twitter.

I wouldn't mind seeing Blair McDougall in a debate actually, just so I could see him publicly outed for the passive-aggressive, head in the sand shitebag that he comes across as.

He'd need industrial light and magic doing the make-up just to hide the sullen, dead yellow eyes of someone with a chronic drink problem.

salmond announcing it on twitter like a school fight , "me and darling behind the shed on friday troops."

This is how we should settle all political debates

Darling getting his mate to say he cant make it.

The 16th July?

I thought Darling agreed to that date and Salmond shat it?

Are you saying Salmond agreed to the 16th July date, where Darling was ready to debate him?

The 16th July?

I thought Darling agreed to that date and Salmond shat it?

Are you saying Salmond agreed to the 16th July date, where Darling was ready to debate him?

I'll humour you and instead of going round in circles again let's say eck "shat' the July 16th date. Bravo! One nil to Mr Darling.

Let's arrange another date. Anytime, anyplace, anywhere right? What's the problem with the new date? Doesn't fit with the narrative, does it.

What's the problem with the new date?

What was the probelm with the original date, proposed by a neutral third party?

You know, the one BT and Darling accepted, Salmond was available for, but didn't accept the challenge?

What was the probelm with the original date, proposed by a neutral third party?

You know, the one BT and Darling accepted, Salmond was available for, but didn't accept the challenge?

The 16th July date is for Cameron not Darling. Has Cameron declined that date?

As in the oft touted " anytime anyplace anywhere" line.

That suggests to me name a place and time and let's get it on! As it is, it seems to be July 16th or bust which is in complete contradiction of his statement of bravado.

Ah right, i thought you were saying this new date didn;t fit with their narrative.

But you're ignoring the fact that a.) Darling has accepted another debate on the beeb and b.) darling accepted the intital STV date.

neither side here is looking great tbh.

Archived