£200 Million

Enigma

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. The spin has been entertaining today. Margaret Curran is a complete roaster.

The savings made from the London sewer upgrade and the house of lords should cover that. Never mind the numerous other savings to made from this union of "equals".

How anyone can claim that the entire media is not biased is beyond me. This is a great story for yes but you wouldn't think it.

Yep. The spin has been entertaining today. Margaret Curran is a complete roaster.

The savings made from the London sewer upgrade and the house of lords should cover that. Never mind the numerous other savings to made from this union of "equals".

How anyone can claim that the entire media is not biased is beyond me. This is a great story for yes but you wouldn't think it.

An independent Scotland is really just on big infrastructure opportunity cost.

Margaret Curran's response was something like 'but, but... hidden costs... uncertainty... EU... pound'

£200 million eh? So that's just 50 times more than Wills & Kate have been given to do their house up?

Expect H_B, Ad Lib and the usual uberbores along in a second with their "uh huh" shite.

It really is black and white with you lot isn't it?

FWIW I'm probably gonna vote Yes. But the utter bile that is posted all over the internet against anyone who is voting No or anyone who questions what would happen in certain aspects of an independent Scotland is frightening.

FWIW I'm probably gonna vote Yes. But the utter bile that is posted all over the internet against anyone who is voting No or anyone who questions what would happen in certain aspects of an independent Scotland is frightening.

:lol:

Whereas Yes voters get absolutely no abuse at all. It's all about the "vile cybernats" isn't it?

They have a point about the media bias and downright ludicrous reasoning from the no side though.

Remember when we built our Scottish Parliament on budget? No, me neither.

Both sides are full of shit folks, it's not going to be £2 billion, but it won't be £200 million either.

As an on the fence voter (who's probably going to vote yes too), it's attitudes like this that really put me off the whole debate.

Remember when we built our Scottish Parliament on budget? No, me neither.

Both sides are full of shit folks, it's not going to be £2 billion, but it won't be £200 million either.

As an on the fence voter (who's probably going to vote yes too), it's attitudes like this that really put me off the whole debate.

What exactly is it about this issue that puts both of you off?

What exactly is it about this issue that puts both of you off?

I suspect it's the pretence that BT and the UK government are a bunch of untrustworthy liars whose figures can't be trusted, whilst anything the Yes campaign or the SNP tells us is absolutely true and really beyond question (even when they refuse to give a figure which they have costed, and that's all right because they are the good guys and we should trust them).

The lack of intellectual honesty, and the rampant double standards from the Kool Aid Krew is really embarrassing.

Both sides shuld be subject to the same scrutiny and the same questions and doubts, whether you are a Yes or a No voter. That doesn't happen, and the cult-like mentality of Yes voters is a real turn off for many people.

As Professor Dunleavy was reported as saying in the Sunday Post yesterday:

"Dunleavy uses his report to reflect on the “rather visceral” referendum debate dominated by start-up costs, claiming Danny Alexander is demanding Alex Salmond, “produce cost data for things that could only have numbers attached to them by someone with prophetic powers of the Delphi oracle”.

I suspect it's the pretence that BT and the UK government are a bunch of untrustworthy liars whose figures can't be trusted, whilst anything the Yes campaign or the SNP tells us is absolutely true and really beyond question (even when they refuse to give a figure which they have costed, and that's all right because they are the good guys and we should trust them).

The lack of intellectual honesty, and the rampant double standards from the Kool Aid Krew is really embarrassing.

Both sides shuld be subject to the same scrutiny and the same questions and doubts, whether you are a Yes or a No voter. That doesn't happen, and the cult-like mentality of Yes voters is a real turn off for many people.

On this issue there is only one side that have made a right arse of it or made the numbers up, there is no defence when a contributor to the figures tells you the BT figures are fanciful.

YES not producing figures really doesn't add a morsel of weight to NO, it's really telling when people say "we know BT have fcuked it up or lied but that's ok if YES don't produce costed figures".

I n real life silence usually beats downright lying/incompetence.

HB's pretty close to it, and ayrmad's response nicely sums up what is wrong with Yes Scotland. BT lied and made an arse of it, apparently that makes Yes Scotland's numbers indisputable.

Archived