SPFL League Two 14/15:an away fans guide

Albion Rovers; Get off at Coatdyke, walk down the road to Owens, bite to eat, couple of pints, walk a couple of minutes westwards until you reach the turnstiles.

If going to a cup match, follow instructions for Livingston / Hamilton / Airdrie / Motherwell (delete as applicable)

Annan; The Shed, cheap drink in busy pub, couple of pool tables, then 10 minute walk to ground. Don’t get their nice new terracing dirty or they’ll get all upset.

Arbroath; absolute shithole. Go somewhere else before the game, get 14:54 arrival from Dundee and the 16:55 train back out (if travelling from the south or west).

Try not to make eye contact with any local females or they will probably end up pregnant.

Clyde; My most common tactic when Berwick play at Clyde is as follows; look at the fixtures across Scotland, find one that looks like it won’t be played in a soulless cesspit in the arse end of nowhere, and go to that instead of the Clyde game. Although by the end of this season they may be playing in East Kilbride, Dublin, or a local park, who knows.

East Fife; Not been for years but what do you expect, it’s Methil. I believe a delightful view of the power station is not longer offered.

East Stirlingshire; Station Hotel next to Larbert station is probably the most convenient. Not sure if the Warriors is open on Shire matchdays. Possibly the last season to see them at Ochilview if the proposed ground move goes ahead.

Elgin City; Last time I was there the social club was as good as any. Had a dartboard and it served beer, that’s good enough for me. Locals may be a bit tetchy after 14 consecutive years being in the bottom 7 clubs in Scotland.

Montrose; Picture House does decent bar food and is within a couple of minutes of the station. Locals may be a bit tetchy after 18 consecutive years being in the bottom 8 clubs in Scotland.

Queens Park; First time round, get off at Airdrie and pray. Second time round, go to the Clockwork, it has a wide range of beers, but start saving up a couple of months beforehand.

Albion Rovers; Get off at Coatdyke, walk down the road to Owens, bite to eat, couple of pints, walk a couple of minutes westwards until you reach the turnstiles.

If going to a cup match, follow instructions for Livingston / Hamilton / Airdrie / Motherwell (delete as applicable)

Annan; The Shed, cheap drink in busy pub, couple of pool tables, then 10 minute walk to ground. Dont get their nice new terracing dirty or theyll get all upset.

Arbroath; absolute shithole. Go somewhere else before the game, get 14:54 arrival from Dundee and the 16:55 train back out (if travelling from the south or west).

Try not to make eye contact with any local females or they will probably end up pregnant.

Clyde; My most common tactic when Berwick play at Clyde is as follows; look at the fixtures across Scotland, find one that looks like it wont be played in a soulless cesspit in the arse end of nowhere, and go to that instead of the Clyde game. Although by the end of this season they may be playing in East Kilbride, Dublin, or a local park, who knows.

East Fife; Not been for years but what do you expect, its Methil. I believe a delightful view of the power station is not longer offered.

East Stirlingshire; Station Hotel next to Larbert station is probably the most convenient. Not sure if the Warriors is open on Shire matchdays. Possibly the last season to see them at Ochilview if the proposed ground move goes ahead.

Elgin City; Last time I was there the social club was as good as any. Had a dartboard and it served beer, thats good enough for me. Locals may be a bit tetchy after 14 consecutive years being in the bottom 7 clubs in Scotland.

Montrose; Picture House does decent bar food and is within a couple of minutes of the station. Locals may be a bit tetchy after 18 consecutive years being in the bottom 8 clubs in Scotland.

Queens Park; First time round, get off at Airdrie and pray. Second time round, go to the Clockwork, it has a wide range of beers, but start saving up a couple of months beforehand.

Lol

Close thread. Seems like the only away game to go to is Berwick this season. After all they have the best stadium and the most polite people. Not to mention they are the richest, most supported club in all of Scot........ em England.

Im looking forward to avoiding their dump of a ground. Would rather take a day trip to Wick than go to Berwick.

Look at you all getting all upset, you little cuties!

Montrose: Don't bother. If you dare to turn up to their social club they'll immediately reject you. Go into the ground for a bit and wait for the game and you'll find yourselves surrounded by fucking gargoyles, you've never seen anything like these mutants. Sadly if you did choose to bother, be prepared for disappointment as their first team squad doesn't actually bother to turn up for games half the time.

Elgin: Agree on the social club. Nice little ground.

Annan: Outrageous away day. Utter filth.

Annan; The Shed, cheap drink in busy pub, couple of pool tables, then 10 minute walk to ground. Don’t get their nice new terracing dirty or they’ll get all upset.

Clyde; My most common tactic when Berwick play at Clyde is as follows; look at the fixtures across Scotland, find one that looks like it won’t be played in a soulless cesspit in the arse end of nowhere, and go to that instead of the Clyde game. Although by the end of this season they may be playing in East Kilbride, Dublin, or a local park, who knows.

East Fife; Not been for years but what do you expect, it’s Methil. I believe a delightful view of the power station is not longer offered.

Elgin City; Last time I was there the social club was as good as any. Had a dartboard and it served beer, that’s good enough for me. Locals may be a bit tetchy after 14 consecutive years being in the bottom 7 clubs in Scotland.

Next year you will need your passport for away games. giruy

When independence is won, we should kick Berwick out of the SPFL. :-P Them being from England after all. Would solve their fans problem with having to visit any Scottish town with their catamites, clowns and creatures. They could go visit the teams at the very bottom rungs of English football. :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Our fortnightly away days to Airdrie are joyous. I'm not sure what my favourite part is. The fact that there isn't a pub within about a mile of the ground, the fact that the station is miles away from the ground if you stupidly miss the bus, the general feeling of emptiness and desperation, or the routine pumpings that are handed out to us. The cherry on the cake is going to be when we have to sit in that stadium with three and a half stands of Rangers fans and probably lose 6-0. I love Airdrie, it's great.

Archived