Irvine Meadow

Shannon

There was no way they were going to keep their top players after going down.

Although I have to say, Sawyers will have to get off the chips and lose a stone at least. What an embarrassment.

Bit harsh on Wullie! that's the shape he's always been since I played with him in his first season junior at Maryhill and he's not going to change now or have the fitness of say a Zander Ryan for example !! Rankin will know exactly what he's getting as he's a goal machine and given the right service will be an asset to any team that signs him..... He won't be expecting him to go box to box or track back defenders, he has been bought to find the extra goals needed to take the title from Talbot !!

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit harsh on Wullie! that's the shape he's always been since I played with him in his first season junior at Maryhill and he's not going to change now or have the fitness of say a Zander Ryan for example !! Rankin will know exactly what he's getting as he's a goal machine and given the right service will be an asset to any team that signs him..... He won't be expecting him to go box to box or track back defenders, he has been bought to find the extra goals needed to take the title from Talbot !!

Fair comment, jacktonite. I just cringe when I see fat boys playing junior football. Evidently he knows how to play and to score a goal but it basically implies that he has more to give at training or at least in terms of diet.

And, yes, I know it's only a hobby but, for me, Junior players have people watching them every week and should take it seriously.

Unless of course you've seen him train regularly and can speak from that evidence/experience I think your

Critisism seems overly harsh?

I've seen bigger lads play and be successful at junior level.

The type of player Wullie is he is able to have that but of extra weight on him. Just have to look at the goals he scored for Roy last year.

Dave "the bull" Turnbull carried a bit of extra weight and was a great striker in the juniors.

The type of player Wullie is he is able to have that but of extra weight on him. Just have to look at the goals he scored for Roy last year.

Dave "the bull" Turnbull carried a bit of extra weight and was a great striker in the juniors.

Turnbull was a cracking striker.

LT do you have a junior team or do you just choose random games. ?

You do tend to know your stuff.

Ardagh League Cup, Section Fixtures.

Sat 09/08 Meadow v Darvel

Wed 13/08 Meadow v Ardeer

Sat 16/08 Saltcoats v Meadow

Wed 20/08 Hurlford v Meadow

Sat 23/08 Meadow v Irvine Vics (However I assume this will be rescheduled to Friday 22/08 for Marymass).

Full fixtures for all sections can be found here:

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/sjfa/competitions.cfm?page=1757

Anywhere from 600 through to 1200 or so. Varies quite considerably but on a nice late August evening you can get a hefty crowd. Be interesting this year with the Vics being promoted & the Meadow coming off a fairly successful past season.

So the Ardagh Glass game between the pair of you is also the Marymass one? I didn't know that.

It isn't always. Last year, for example, their was an additional game to decide the Marymass shield. It really depends on the season start date.

Archived