Ormiston fc

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jebus by saying ormiston should put collection buckets at the gates a thought was a good idea as legally with it being a council park we can't charge kelso done it plus Ross high and your other point about around the county I've only been contacted about this n asked 1question to somebody.

Don't really speak to greenhorn am just a fan n not seen new management to speak to them but ave spoken to a current ormiston player n waved to a committee member. There's a lot more a know but not my place to put on here aye only say things on ways to improve the club n how a was a fan o Murrays reign over the years but had lost confidence over the last couple o years just like a few o the players that had left

Have I missed something here guys do ormiston have a new management team in place

Think an announcement is pretty close but obviously players etc need to know first as it wouldn't be a good start if anyone who has current connection with Ormiston finds out via P and B or similar. Training session tonight and there is a rumour going about that Jose has accepted the position.

Think an announcement is pretty close but obviously players etc need to know first as it wouldn't be a good start if anyone who has current connection with Ormiston finds out via P and B or similar. Training session tonight and there is a rumour going about that Jose has accepted the position.

Drat didn't mean to type the name !

Burnie please stop posting pish, getting snippets of gossip from around the county then relaying them on here.

Not sure what the "pish" is that you're referring to Jebus but it seems pretty obvious what is about to take place at Ormiston? Don't think Burnie has touched on any exclusives, his gossip is pretty much nail-on-the-head stuff!

Lets knock things on the head - Brian Johnstone formerly of Pencaitland - has been appointed Ormiston FC manager. Current Ormiston FC committee remains in place. Brian has brought a few players along to add to the current Ormiston players so there now at least a decent size squad for him to work with. From what I hear Pencaitland is still going to be running an amateur team in their existing league so it isn't a merger its just what usually happens in football, new manager brings players that he knows along.

Lets knock things on the head - Brian Johnstone formerly of Pencaitland - has been appointed Ormiston FC manager. Current Ormiston FC committee remains in place. Brian has brought a few players along to add to the current Ormiston players so there now at least a decent size squad for him to work with. From what I hear Pencaitland is still going to be running an amateur team in their existing league so it isn't a merger its just what usually happens in football, new manager brings players that he knows along.

Best wishes to Beefy at Ormiston, I'm sure he will do well. The next couple of weeks will be very interesting in the transfer market!

3 cheers for beefy and the ormiston committee for making a decision to move this club forward. Beefy am sure will wheel n deal like Harry redknapp for the next few weeks n get a no bad squad to challenge in a 8 or 9 team league

Best of luck to brain and Ormiston. Great club and loved my time playing there under Murray and the legend that is Frank Connor!!! If there were more like him still around there would be no such thing as "player power"!!!

Best wishes to Beefy at Ormiston, I'm sure he will do well. The next couple of weeks will be very interesting in the transfer market!

So Beefy is Brian - explains his posts on this, thought he was someone in the know, however it did demonstrate his keenness to get the position so that bodes well for the future. Last nights training was good and it was a revelation to see a sizeable squad of guys taking part in what was a well organised session, good combination of fitness and ball work. Ormiston FC looked professional again!!!

No disrespect to Murray and Tommy though, they did a hell of a lot for the club but were at the end of the day, apart from a core group of guys, sadly let down by some of the players attitude and commitment.

Not going to be the most exciting season in a 8 team league but Plan A must be to get promoted and into the more competitive league and Plan B must be to get promoted and into the more competitive league. Might not be this season as building a team from scratch isn't always easy.

However the future isn't Orange it's Ormiston!!!

To get into the big league this year isn't the most difficult of tasks this year however with peebles practically signing a brand new team theyl be uknown n you never know how heriott watt shape up is renwick still there. I see they 2 as our biggest threats

To get into the big league this year isn't the most difficult of tasks this year however with peebles practically signing a brand new team theyl be uknown n you never know how heriott watt shape up is renwick still there. I see they 2 as our biggest threats

You are setting the bar pretty high Burnie, expecting a team that finished 3 points off the bottom of the league last year to be in a three-way battle for the title?

I do think Brian will build a strong squad at Ormiston, especially if those who attended the training session last night are anything to go by. But it's one thing having players along for training and another thing getting them to sign on the dotted line, of that I'm sure Beefy is well aware!

Can't blame me am getting excited about change. Ormiston were down the bottom but it wasn't like teams were going there n taking 4 or 5 off them week in week out. A reckon if u ave 2 decent defenders n 2 decent mid n a quick forward ul no be far off just ave to look at geepsys goal return in that league

Archived