Ormiston fc

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ormiston are working hard to get the team sorted for the upcoming season. The proposed merger did not happen as we all know that a certain person at pencaitland would only try take over the club and force out the exsisting commitee

Take over?

Perhaps you could elaborate that big statement?

The initial discussions were instigated by Ormiston not Pencaitland.

If the merger was to happen the incoming people from pencaitland would try and run the club!

From what i have heard the contact about a merger was from pencaitland! Its no secret that pencaitland have been looking to get into the eos and they think this is the easiest way of doing it!

Im not saying Ormiston dont need help but merging with Pencaitland is not the answer as after the 1st season id doubt if there was any of the original comitee or players there!

Only my opinion though

From my experience of any business , football or commercial, there is no such thing as a merger, it always turns out to be a takeover but I do know from a long time following football at different levels that when a new management team comes in it means that they bring their own players in and eventually the existing players leave or are sidelined. Happens all the time at all levels and it would probably happen if the Pencaitland merger went ahead based on their management team coming in.

I don't know anything about Pencaitland or the management team but if there was an agreement that it was just the manager and x number of players to create a balanced squad and the Ormiston Committee remained as it is for this season to get the club back on a stable basis that might be a compromise. However isn't there a bit about the current Ormiston players who may choose not to sign for the new manager, that is their choice and I am pretty sure they would find other teams who wanted them, not neccesarily EOS, indeed I would think the players already have a plan B given sorting this out is taking so long.

Having played for Pencaitland and tranent under brian johnston i know for a fact he would take the club forward if a merger did take place.

as for folk trying to take over the club i think it has been pointed out below that Ormi need some new blood to come in and work with the current commitee so the club progress in the correct way.

They probably be asking me to play if they can't get the numbers ! Aye not the greatest position to be in and we had the same problems for the last couple of months of last season , not knowing who was going to be available for games, poor turnouts for training etc. Fresh blood, yip, but who is willing to step up and help in what looks like a bit of a lost cause. It isn't and we'll get there - we had same issues about attracting players start of last season thats why we need to completely re-build this season. I think John was all for chucking it in as well but he doesn't want to see Ormi ceasing to exist so he is working as hard as he can to make sure that doesn't happen - credit to him for giving it a go when it would have been easier to say **** it , I don't need all the hassle.

Lost ma pace you got me thinking o the 2003 team tell me if am wrong but were these people in squad budgie in goals. Back 4 renwick big al massive kerr n wee Tommy midfield is where a struggle a can only think o Jake Cameron n a boy called Ian. Upfront Graham Brown,Scott mckenzie n cheyne n possibly spike but think he was at Whitehill that year

For me the problem is not all ormistons fault although it would help wi a local coach to get players in but do these players really want to play in east of Scotland 2nd division with trips to eyemouth n Gretna without a bit of expenses paid out which the club have tried to raise after the whole village received lottery sheets thru doors but a don't think they got much responce

Lost ma pace you got me thinking o the 2003 team tell me if am wrong but were these people in squad budgie in goals. Back 4 renwick big al massive kerr n wee Tommy midfield is where a struggle a can only think o Jake Cameron n a boy called Ian. Upfront Graham Brown,Scott mckenzie n cheyne n possibly spike but think he was at Whitehill that year

Fraser Carver

Tommy Donnely

Graham Renwick

Fraser McQueen

Richie Gerret

Graeme Morrison

Craig Smith

Jamie Murray

Irish James

Fonz

Alan Brownlie

David Cheyne

Kerr Thomson

Lawrie Tulloch

Not a big squad but only never went up on goal difference. Hard working, solid team with a good mix of youth and experience.

Have Ormiston advertised for a manager? Sure there are a few coaches or ex players that would fancy the gig. Need people to know that Murray has left.

Played for Brian and definately a different type manager to Murray. No doubt he would bring in a few solid players to boost the squad but would want to run the club. Maybe the club needs this type of change to attract the better amateur players as that is the only way they can progress with lack of funds etc.

I would rather see that than a good club die.

Still some decent players in the Fishers, Nisbet and Mcewan.

Yeah theyre decent. How could a forget the fonz Jake mustve been before that. The problem is if pencaitland did come in a just can't see any of the current board nd greenhorn staying n he won't give club up Breeks is sound and attracts good players to a level below them.

Yeah theyre decent. How could a forget the fonz Jake mustve been before that. The problem is if pencaitland did come in a just can't see any of the current board nd greenhorn staying n he won't give club up Breeks is sound and attracts good players to a level below them.

I can assure you I wouldn't want to run the club, our interest was purely improving the current Ormiston squad.

Football is all about opinions and the current committee seem extremely reluctant to bring in fresh faces, it's a shame, not even the courtesy of an informal face to face chat?

get robin laing in as your manager, he will pump money in the club and attract players

I am sure he does bonnyrigg rose girls 15s

surely if ormiston cant raise a team, a merger is the best option, let pencaitland bring their best players and supplement it with the ormiston lads

Ollie Ormiston just wants the situation settled - couldn't give a monkeys who is Manager as long as they improve the club, put in place a squad of players who can be relied on and impose a discipline that says starting a game is based on attitude, performance and being a team player - and if you don't start, accept being a sub cos you could be called on anytime, from the first minute to the last minute of a game to contribute to the team. No 'Billy Big Times' please!

For me now with the new management in place which is a great appointment we need to generate income a know our crowd's r not great but a would start with putting collection buckets at the steps and the hill. Am sure bj will ave the pubs in ormiston selling the lottery n now with being a more local club we maybe can get push for a new hot water pipe to mobile huts which the snp rejected a few years ago getting into the Scottish would be amazing. On the playing side top 3 would be realistic for ormiston to aim

Archived