Ormiston fc

You have promotion in the bag already ?? Congratulations ormiston

Congratulations on your promotion - to 12th worst poster in P & B history.

Issues with players and injuries decimated the Ormi squad shortly after the turn of the year - up until that point we were doing pretty well and we weren't far off the top teams , our end of seasons results were a disaster.

No one has said promotion is in our hands already, in an 8 team league there will be 8 teams with Plan A being to get promoted , based on our start of season performances last year and what will be without doubt a stronger squad it isn't unrealistic to say we are in with a shout but nothing is guaranteed as we know. Given our draws in the cup competitions think its fair to say we will be concentrating on the league.

Lets see next April/May but kind of think it will be come pretty apparent much earlier than that given the teams are playing each other 4 times.

In any event we ended up 9th in the league last year and I bet you £50 we are higher than that this season.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations on your promotion - to 12th worst poster in P & B history.

Issues with players and injuries decimated the Ormi squad shortly after the turn of the year - up until that point we were doing pretty well and we weren't far off the top teams , our end of seasons results were a disaster.

No one has said promotion is in our hands already, in an 8 team league there will be 8 teams with Plan A being to get promoted , based on our start of season performances last year and what will be without doubt a stronger squad it isn't unrealistic to say we are in with a shout but nothing is guaranteed as we know. Given our draws in the cup competitions think its fair to say we will be concentrating on the league.

Lets see next April/May but kind of think it will be come pretty apparent much earlier than that given the teams are playing each other 4 times.

In any event we ended up 9th in the league last year and I bet you £50 we are higher than that this season.

Hehehe ;)

Best of luck to ormiston. Great wee club. Seems like every man and his dog has played for ormi at some point. Hope they can get a strong squad together and keep it for the whole season. A league of 8 doesnt seem appealing but i doubt any of them will run away with it, which might make it better than years past. A first division without the likes of preston, gala, craigie, leith etc is wide open and who's to say ormiston can't win it? I'd say the uni team should be favourites purely because every season they have a pool of about 100 to choose from. Also IF ormiston are successful, Murray, tommy etc should take some credit as the club would've vanished a long time ago without their efforts.

Best of luck to ormiston. Great wee club. Seems like every man and his dog has played for ormi at some point. Hope they can get a strong squad together and keep it for the whole season. A league of 8 doesnt seem appealing but i doubt any of them will run away with it, which might make it better than years past. A first division without the likes of preston, gala, craigie, leith etc is wide open and who's to say ormiston can't win it? I'd say the uni team should be favourites purely because every season they have a pool of about 100 to choose from. Also IF ormiston are successful, Murray, tommy etc should take some credit as the club would've vanished a long time ago without their efforts.

From what I've been old re the players Peebles have signed they will be favourites to win that league.

• 3 weeks later...

For me now with the new management in place which is a great appointment we need to generate income a know our crowd's r not great but a would start with putting collection buckets at the steps and the hill. Am sure bj will ave the pubs in ormiston selling the lottery n now with being a more local club we maybe can get push for a new hot water pipe to mobile huts which the snp rejected a few years ago getting into the Scottish would be amazing. On the playing side top 3 would be realistic for ormiston to aim

What's the script wi the hibs link ?

Surely thats a win win situation for yous.

Just giving the club strips n access to training facilities I'm led to believe which is fantastic and access to a physio. Brian tried to do it at Tranent but hibs weren't very interested n charged my team fortunes to train. Not been Down park yet as been wi cowdenbeath but al be Doon the park soon. Long live beefy

Just giving the club strips n access to training facilities I'm led to believe which is fantastic and access to a physio. Brian tried to do it at Tranent but hibs weren't very interested n charged my team fortunes to train. Not been Down park yet as been wi cowdenbeath but al be Doon the park soon. Long live beefy

Think that was before dempster came in though. Now she's keen to help the supporters & community out as much as possible. Great news for Ormi. Wee things like decent training kit can be a draw to some players

Archived