Ormiston fc

Being an ormiston fans over 24 years ave took some stick for my views on Murray as a manager ave been harsh as well many u have read n I stick by them but ave not once said he hasn't done good for the club wi forth ports sponsor n lots more so am sad the way he has left but now Mr greenhorn must grasp this opportunity to move the club forward. If keith Wright was to take the job that would be a massive coup. A would like to thank Tommy as well a remember him as wee laddie solid as a rock

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A sat at the AGM an listened tae Greenhorn ranting oan aboot ground improvements and there's no a pot tae piss in at Ormiston. Get yer ain hoose in order first

Not quite correct - there is a 'public' toilet in the upstairs bit of the changing rooms and there have been plans with East Lothian council re ground improvements, new changing facilties etc at Ormiston since last October but getting anything through councils these days is like swimming in treacle! Anyway I'd prefer the Managerial situation is fixed before getting a 'pot tae piss in' !

Sad to hear about Mr Cheyne. Put a lot of effort into running that club and has kept them going for a long long time. Without him, the club might not still be running.

As part of the team that should have been promoted in 2003/2004 only to lose out on goal difference, I enjoyed my time at the club and played with some good players and some great guys.

However, the club need some fresh input and fresh ideas so whoever gets that job will be joining a decent club.

I am sure Ormistonian will agree.

Sad to hear about Mr Cheyne. Put a lot of effort into running that club and has kept them going for a long long time. Without him, the club might not still be running.

As part of the team that should have been promoted in 2003/2004 only to lose out on goal difference, I enjoyed my time at the club and played with some good players and some great guys.

However, the club need some fresh input and fresh ideas so whoever gets that job will be joining a decent club.

They should go back to Junior as the EoS league is dying with clubs leaving and no new entries allowed.

Don't disagree that EOS is sort of scrapping along - this was predicted as part of the Lowland League debate - and while that may inevitably lead to a return to junior status for clubs in Ormiston's case the priority is survival and at present within the EOS.

All these empathic messages are great but bottom line is financing Ormiston is a problem - we know we are not alone but we are the classic case of needing success to attract financial support but we need finance to attract players and in turn create success. Our base is Ormiston village but within that rural community and the surrounding area there is a distinct lack of even small business who are able to provided any sponsorship - we have support from the Coalgate and the guy who runs the Post Office. The majority of folk in Ormiston don't seem in the slightest bit interested in the club despite the fact that we would love to grow to be a real community club and involve youngsters, but that takes cash and input from the club itself.

Even our neighbour's Hibs with their multi million training facility wouldn't even hire us half of an astro pitch last winter for training - they seemed happier it lying unused at night.

The council make all the right noises about giving us money to upgrade facilities but it's like wading through treacle actually getting anything to happen.

Last year the management committee and the players themselves financed the club to top up some basic sponsorship and thats what kept us going.

The committee are working hard to get new things put in place for this season and to try yet again to get some sponsorship but more importantly get a squad together - ain't easy as a lot of players expect to be paid expenses etc etc - we could maybe manage a mars bar for signing but thats about it - but there is a determination to succeed.

Can't fault the core guys who make up our squad for their ongoing commitment to the club.

You read about new SFA sponsorship deals etc etc and you know that a fraction of that money would take this club around it kind of sickens you. The SFA for all their preaching about grass roots seem to forget that teams like Ormiston who rose from the many rural mining communities throughout Scotland were the backbone of Scottish Football. Please don't anyone suggest that we should get an SFA Licence and then we would get money from them - we don't have the money to be able to get an SFA Licence! Catch 22 yet again.

Thus endeth Ollies epistle.

Great post and sadly it's the same situation for a lot of eos clubs. Lot of clubs struggle to attract sponsors apart from those to cover strips etc

Sure more clubs would love to have applied for lowland league but just cant afford it and this in turn makes it difficult to attract sponsors and also players who want to play eos but want money to do so

Eos league not dead yet but certainly needs something done to revive it

Training cancelled last night due to lack of numbers, John Greenhorn on the phone trying to attract players, season starts in a few weeks, what happens if they cant get a squad?

Fresh blood on all fronts required ASAP?

Training cancelled last night due to lack of numbers, John Greenhorn on the phone trying to attract players, season starts in a few weeks, what happens if they cant get a squad?

Fresh blood on all fronts required ASAP?

They probably be asking me to play if they can't get the numbers ! Aye not the greatest position to be in and we had the same problems for the last couple of months of last season , not knowing who was going to be available for games, poor turnouts for training etc. Fresh blood, yip, but who is willing to step up and help in what looks like a bit of a lost cause. It isn't and we'll get there - we had same issues about attracting players start of last season thats why we need to completely re-build this season. I think John was all for chucking it in as well but he doesn't want to see Ormi ceasing to exist so he is working as hard as he can to make sure that doesn't happen - credit to him for giving it a go when it would have been easier to say **** it , I don't need all the hassle.

They probably be asking me to play if they can't get the numbers ! Aye not the greatest position to be in and we had the same problems for the last couple of months of last season , not knowing who was going to be available for games, poor turnouts for training etc. Fresh blood, yip, but who is willing to step up and help in what looks like a bit of a lost cause. It isn't and we'll get there - we had same issues about attracting players start of last season thats why we need to completely re-build this season. I think John was all for chucking it in as well but he doesn't want to see Ormi ceasing to exist so he is working as hard as he can to make sure that doesn't happen - credit to him for giving it a go when it would have been easier to say **** it , I don't need all the hassle.

There was a discussion between Ormiston and Pencaitland regarding the possible merge between the two clubs, both John and Murray didnt think that Pencaitland were worthy of the amalgamation!!!!

There was a discussion between Ormiston and Pencaitland regarding the possible merge between the two clubs, both John and Murray didnt think that Pencaitland were worthy of the amalgamation!!!!

Knew it was being talked about but just heard it had fallen through.

Knew it was being talked about but just heard it had fallen through.

They didn't think the current coaches at Pencaitland were capable of taking the team forward, disappointing news when you look at the success Pencaitland have had over the last 10 years and then compare it to the lack of success Ormiston have had over the same period?

They didn't think the current coaches at Pencaitland were capable of taking the team forward, disappointing news when you look at the success Pencaitland have had over the last 10 years and then compare it to the lack of success Ormiston have had over the same period?

Good point !

Foghorn Greenhorn will always be in the dark ages, I hear he's one of the main reasons new teams can't get into association - him and wee sausage fingers scared of new clubs coming in and competing with their dross

Archived