VALE

JellyBelly

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

city legend

you have been found my man, your ass is being hung to dry

just give up and stop playing, your low level of intelligence has got you found out pretty easy

let VALE OF LEITHEN get on with their business, you messed things up right enough

but its a new beginning, yes they might get relegated but it can only make them stronger

a house is not built without foundations

pack your bags CITY LEGEND and head off to the UNKNOWN

THANKS

GLASGAE JUNIOR

• 1 month later...

Following on from the mess at the end of last season.

Vale have been deducted 6 points from last seasons total for fielding more than the permitted number of unregistered players in their final 2 games and not providing all the mandatory information.

Which means that Gretna will go up a place.

I wonder if it is going to make anyway difference to the record books at all or will this decision just get lost in the mists of time?

The official site still has Vale in sixth place in last season's table and the excellent Scottish Football Historical Archive site is the same. Ian Richmond will have to up update his brilliant record of last season found on the previous link.

• 4 weeks later...

Now advertising on the junior forum for players? Hope it's someone's idea of a wind up.

Tragic for any team at lowland league level to be using p and b to advertise for players. I agree with the 'amateur' comments in response on the junior forum- and it takes a lot for me to agree with anything posted there!

So where's the best place that loads of players go to besides here?

Grimbo

After the disastrous end to last season, Mark Lamb has shown that he has sufficient contacts to attract good players. I would have thought there was no need to resort to this, I agree that it is a tad embarrassing. Although nowhere near embarrassing to what has gone on off the field and documented on this forum in the last few months or so.

This is the chap who kept asking when the Vale of Leithen AGM was going to be. Over half of his dozen-odd other posts are on that subject. He seems to have a couple of posts regarding Bonnyrigg and Preston's new manager, but all the rest are about off-field stuff at Vale, with some hardly complimentary.

It might be legit. But there is nothing on Vale's website or Twitter. And given Mark Lamb has the top coaching certificate and has had as many clubs as hot dinners, it would surprise if they had actually taken to player recruitment via posts on a football forum by an "ex Vale rep" who will "pass it on". Wind-up/trolling/well-meaning fan?

This is the chap who kept asking when the Vale of Leithen AGM was going to be. Over half of his dozen-odd other posts are on that subject. He seems to have a couple of posts regarding Bonnyrigg and Preston's new manager, but all the rest are about off-field stuff at Vale, with some hardly complimentary.

It might be legit. But there is nothing on Vale's website or Twitter. And given Mark Lamb has the top coaching certificate and has had as many clubs as hot dinners, it would surprise if they had actually taken to player recruitment via posts on a football forum by an "ex Vale rep" who will "pass it on". Wind-up/trolling/well-meaning fan?

It's why I said I hoped it was. Still embarrassing but now only for the poster rather than the club.

Dinnae see pro teams with an advert on sky sports news do you?

Who cares whether it's true or false, all I'm saying is here's as good a place to do a bit of feeling around as anywhere eh? $ky $ports is massive for rumours about shit n players agents stories so don't tell me that there's no funny business between $ky & players agents, they love a good bit of gossip, look at the Yaya birthday cake fiasco.

Grimbo

Here IS as good a place as any IF a team at our level feels the need to advertise for players. The point is that it still shouldn't be done at all. And that's the link I made to sky sports- teams shouldn't have to advertise and it reflects poorly on the team and the league itself.

As you said HJ ML has the top coaching certificate so that alone should be enough to help him bring more talent to the Vale.

He has a decent track record from his Peebles and Spartans years..

Decent enough guy and very good manager/coach

As you said HJ ML has the top coaching certificate so that alone should be enough to help him bring more talent to the Vale.

He has a decent track record from his Peebles and Spartans years..

Decent enough guy and very good manager/coach

They'll need more than that though. The shenanigans of last season could taint the club in terms of potential signings. Players could be thinking about what they've heard and decide to stay clear.

They'll need more than that though. The shenanigans of last season could taint the club in terms of potential signings. Players could be thinking about what they've heard and decide to stay clear.

I understand what you're saying SN but now the new broom has been used to sweep all the shenanigans away, it's just a tough start for them, it's a cracking club & now they have got the boardroom & back room sorted let's hope Lammy & Jimmy can get things sorted on the pitch, the dynamic duo are the best equipped I believe, just hope they get the backing, support & time to sort it out.

Innerleithem is always a good day out.

Viva the Vale

Grimbo

Archived