Team lineup

Awaiting a few new signings but ours would look as follows

Jamieson

Ky Jacobs Fordyce Sives Talbot

Ke Jacobs Praprotnik O'Brien Beaumont

Burchill Mullen

Bench

Walker (sub GK)

Whatever Youth we have signed for next year.

We have a rumour that we've signed David Robertson and a striker with 5 more potential signings.

Would go with that. Hope we sign a RB to sort out that ever present problem. Also feel we need a striker or 2,would like to see Mullen slowly given more time as the season goes on,I could well be wrong but think it's a season too early for him to be a constant striker and if we begin the season with Burchill as our first choice striker I wont be happy. Anyway,we are meant to be announcing a few things on Monday,looks like it will be David Robertson,a striker and another one is meant to be the new strip so I'm hoping we've done some more business and have another player signing that's slipped under the radar.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clark

Mitchell Durnan Dowie Holt

Burns Paton Kerr Russell

Baird Reilly

Clark Mitchell Higgians Durnan Holt Burns Kerr Paton Carmichael Baird Russell Subs Dowie Lyle Reilly McShane Kidd Clark not signed yet but loan deal has been agreed with St Johnstone

Paton in the centre of midfield?

ETA - looking again, Im guessing Northfields formation is similar to the jambo-rockers? In which case, I agree, theres a good chance we might line up that way.

Is that not a bit of a contradiction, three forwards yet one lone striker?

Wingers are forwards too ;)

Alexander

Paterson Wilson Ozturk McHattie

Holt Gomis

Nicholson El Hassnaoui Walker

Carrick

Pretty good looking first eleven we have permitting Ozturk is half as good as Neilson is bigging him up to be. A versatile full back and another CM would probably do it for me. People keep saying that we need another keeper, but if Hamilton isn't considered good enough to be backup even at his age, then I don't think we can consider him to be good enough at all.

Currently something like this

Ewings

Taggart/ Van Zanten Graham Mclaughlin/Taggart Linton

Gilhaney Kirkpatrick Turner Megginson

Fleming Nish

New goalkeeper, centre half and striker needed but the team looks ok for this time of year.

I suppose at this point we could go:

-------------------------------------Cuthbert-----------------------------------------

-----Thomson-------------Barr---------------Watson-----------McKeown-----

---------------------------Moon------------------Fox---------------------------------

--------------Stewart-------------Scott----------------Elliot------------------------

------------------------------------Nade---------------------------------------------

Weatherston is a winger by trade.

I haven't heard much about him and to be honest I can't remember much of the game we played against Stirling as I was wrecked but I had heard he was a target man last season and he just seemed the best player to put there from what I read, was more a guess with Weatherston

Weatherston is a winger by trade.

I haven't heard much about him and to be honest I can't remember much of the game we played against Stirling as I was wrecked but I had heard he was a target man last season and he just seemed the best player to put there from what I read, was more a guess with Weatherston

From what I've gathered, Weatherston was disappointing when used as a winger at Stirling but looked better as a striker playing off White. Never a lone striker though.

Based on our starting line up last season, realistically this is where we're at right now...

???

Duffie Vaulks McCracken ???

???

Alston Sibbald

McGrandles

Loy ???

McGovern, Kingsley, Millar & Beck need replaced. Asap.

Chalmers, Flynn & Roberts the other senior players to depart. Though probably only Flynn's wages will go in to this years budget.

I'm sure we'll see more of the less experienced young players, Dick, Ollie, Grant, Shepherd, Small etc

ETA: Forgot about Alan Maybury, will be interesting to see what he can contribute this season.

McDowall

Meggat Docherty Gordon Tiffoney

Simmons McCord

Ferns Cawley Spence

Wetherston

Even going just on players currently signed - and there will obviously be a number of additions over the next few weeks - that isn't the best team we could name.

Gibson

Tiffoney

Docherty

Meggat

Gordon

Simmons

Cawley

McCord

Spence

Holmes

Weatherston

Even going just on players currently signed - and there will obviously be a number of additions over the next few weeks - that isn't the best team we could name.

Gibson

Tiffoney

Docherty

Meggat

Gordon

Simmons

Cawley

McCord

Spence

Holmes

Weatherston

You must know by now Wilkinson is a fanny and makes an arse of himself with every post. I have a suspicion Wasps1 is his dad.

After the five signings today our team could look like this:

Macdonald

Duffie vaulks grant dick

Mcgrandles taiwo alston

Sibbs loy cooper

Subs

Mckracken

Maybury

Durojaiye

Bowman

Sheppard

Grant

Small

All we need now is another striker or hopefully another two strikers and were done.

You must know by now Wilkinson is a fanny and makes an arse of himself with every post. I have a suspicion Wasps1 is his dad.

For having a different opinion on which team should be picked:huh:

Alloa fans do know they've signed David Weatherston and not that useless lump of a 'striker' Peter Weatherson, don't they...?

Based on our starting line up last season, realistically this is where we're at right now...

???

Duffie Vaulks McCracken ???

???

Alston Sibbald

McGrandles

Loy ???

McGovern, Kingsley, Millar & Beck need replaced. Asap.

Chalmers, Flynn & Roberts the other senior players to depart. Though probably only Flynn's wages will go in to this years budget.

I'm sure we'll see more of the less experienced young players, Dick, Ollie, Grant, Shepherd, Small etc

ETA: Forgot about Alan Maybury, will be interesting to see what he can contribute this season.

Filling in the blanks then:

MacDonald

Duffie - Vaulks - McCracken - Dick/Maybury

Taiwo

Alston ---------- Sibbs

McGrandles

Loy - Shepherd

Subs: Amos/Bowman, Dick/Maybury, P Grant, Cooper, T. Grant, Small, Ollie.

Looking not too bad, need a striker though for certain and maybe another left back depending on Houstie's opinion on Maybury. Pretty happy with our business so far though.

Archived