Queen's Park vs Clyde - 9th August

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Match stats show different. Yes I know what the most important one is but it's still a long way from a seven nil win.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28647596

:lol:

Just to quell your insecurity, yes, well done - your team competed against the big boys. They still lost though, to one of the worst performances we'll put in this season. Now take this ruffling of your hair and move along.

No one seriously thought that you clown. I know all you Tarquin's and Farquhar's went up the road last night tutting 'oh, well Clyde must acknowledge our part, thnnn thnnnnn' and in the grand scheme of things if that gets you through the night then wire in, but this 'how far Queens have fallen, so many new players' yada yada bullshit is becoming monotonous. There were little if any positives whatsoever from our point during your supposed 'glory days' against us when you still couldnt get out the league, and this crawling desperation for reassurance that you're going to be 'alright' is bordering on the creepily sexual.

Sweet win and Welcome 3points

Though felt our Build up was too slow,Our Centre Mids no-where & Sweeney was sorely Missed and that should put an end to his doubters in our support...

Still want Daly in team as ive mentioned past two weeks & wee fergie and Mccolm supplying the ammo to a front line of MD/SMac could be the answer perhaps..

Otherwise BF obv needs time for his system to work just no sure if his brain and knowledge can be put in some our players heads or maybe what im asking can he/you make a Div2-3 player much better or should we just go back to basics and keep to the indiviuals players strengh??!

Forever n eva

Think we need to give it time it's a lot better to watch at least

Please let's not go back to whacking balls into the corners for our wingers to chase down

and the winner of this season's "Seethe When Your Winning" award goes to.............................Shawfield Aggro - the only Clyde fan who'll still find something to moan about if his team go on to fulfil their potential and get promoted this season.

As the French would so eloquently put it........"quelle fud!"

Totally agree with you. It's the first game of the season so forecasts of 3, 4 or 5 goal victories can only come back to bite you on the arse. Unless you win of course and still get 3 points. Do you think we could do an Arsenal this year?

By "doing an Arsenal", do you mean play excellent till January then completely shit it? Or do you mean spend several seasons being good, but not that good, and winning nothing?

Either way I can't comment too much on how well I think Clyde will or won't do. My knowledge of the bottom tier is hazy and the only information I have really gauged on it are from the comments on this forum. Which, going by some of the pre game predictions appear to be incorrect.

There was a certain team in 2004 who were going to 'do an Arsenal' by being unbeaten for the season and were going to stick 5 or 6 past us on the opening day of the season because we only had half a team signed. The half team included Bryn Halliwell, John Potter, Simon Mensing, Eddie Malone, Craig Bryson and Ian Harty.

Their chances of 'doing an Arsenal were finished by 16:45. I can't remember who that team were. Want to give me a hand on that one?

Missed the game yesterday, but a total ball buster to even see the updates unfold. Still very early days for this squad, we were never going to seamlessly become a solid unit overnight.

Clyde didn't half make that hard for themselves! But a well dug out win nonetheless.

Queen's Park were stuffy and very resolute but they won't be able to chase play for the prolonged spells that they had to in this fixture and come away with many points. In much the same way, Clyde cannot expect to enjoy so much possession without ever converting that possession into a maintainable lead.

In my opinion the ways in which Clyde can improve are obvious and most posters on this thread have identified them. They're weakest on their right-hand-side; their central midfield players don't have the energy to reinforce counter-attacks, save for John Sweeney perhaps; there's a massive vertical channel which they fail to exploit and, lastly, they might not have the experience necessary to consolidate a lead when/if they take it.

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned the turf. Though it was immaterial to the result it made things more difficult for both sides and Clyde in particular as possession was largely theirs.

Blogged here: http://footballforensic.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/queens-park-1-2-clyde.html

There was a certain team in 2004 who were going to 'do an Arsenal' by being unbeaten for the season and were going to stick 5 or 6 past us on the opening day of the season because we only had half a team signed. The half team included Bryn Halliwell, John Potter, Simon Mensing, Eddie Malone, Craig Bryson and Ian Harty.

Their chances of 'doing an Arsenal were finished by 16:45. I can't remember who that team were. Want to give me a hand on that one?

I was 14 at that time and paid little attention to football at the time but assume it must of been Thistle. Fail to see why you're referring to something that happened to Thistle ten years ago when this thread is about Clyde and QP in 2014?

I fail to see what predictions for this game have to do with you and your bunch of horrid gargoyles. But you waded in all the same.....being 14 and not having a team nominates you as a weasel to start, but picking that mob with their vile disgusting tactics in the months prior to that match confirms it. Using a fatal explosion to drum up support to hold on to a place in a football division finally showed everyone what filthy deceitful propagandist shites we always knew you were. Never did i celebrate a victory more. Sub human scum.

I fail to see what predictions for this game have to do with you and your bunch of horrid gargoyles. But you waded in all the same.....being 14 and not having a team nominates you as a weasel to start, but picking that mob with their vile disgusting tactics in the months prior to that match confirms it. Using a fatal explosion to drum up support to hold on to a place in a football division finally showed everyone what filthy deceitful propagandist shites we always knew you were. Never did i celebrate a victory more. Sub human scum.

There should be a 'like' button on here.

I was 14 at that time and paid little attention to football at the time but assume it must of been Thistle. Fail to see why you're referring to something that happened to Thistle ten years ago when this thread is about Clyde and QP in 2014?

Some things are timeless and those quotes are amongst them. Anyway, at 14 you would have better concentrating on the masturbating. At least that way you would have had a satisfactory outcome, although as a Thistle fan you were probably quite proficient already.

Archived