East Stirlingshire - Little Kerse Stadium: when?

Hi guys,

I would like to ask you how it looks like with development of new stadium in Little Kerse. I know there was meeting between fans and players/management in Little Kerse last weekend, and it was advertised on the website of the club that information about stadium will be provided. So is there anything new? From what I know from internet sources (3-4 weeks ago) Falkirk council has already given permission for stadium with pavilion and one stand, but unfortunately, if I understood it well, financing of the stand is problem. My question is simple: is there any hope that in 2015/2016 season ES will start playing at Little Kerse? And is there any hope to have also terracing on the stadium, or another stand?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Little Kerse was first initiated, I did all the plumbing work for the shower rooms, toilets etc. Stevie who owns it had approached the Shire then and offered them the opportunity to move there, but they declined at that point. I have heard from friends I know who are Shire fans that this is still in the offing, but not heard much recently.

The Little Kerse stadium is well underway, we're lead to believe. Work had already been done for it to become our permanent base and the last I heard we were hopeful of playing all our home games there next season.

14/15?

Thundermonkey: We are talking about astro.

Buster Brown: is it really possible to build whole stadium in one year?

If they are talking about only one stand and a pavilion then yeah its very possible. I will be glad to see ES have their own stadium again. Was gutted to have never got to Firs Park before it closed.

If they are talking about only one stand and a pavilion then yeah its very possible. I will be glad to see ES have their own stadium again. Was gutted to have never got to Firs Park before it closed.

Firs was one of my favourite away days. This new one looks to be pretty bland and lego like though... :(

I would rather they had their own stadium even if its nothing special. Much better than keep on paying rent money to stenny.

So would anyone outwith Stenny. Just ashame to see all these good old fashioned grounds disappearing to be replaced by Lego Land stadiums. Hope Gayfield doesnt see the same fate..

That doesn't look very inspiring as a ground, but it will be good to see Shire back in their own home somewhere. Firs Park was a great awayday and is sadly missed.

It may be sacrilege, but is there really no way of sharing Falkirk stadium? Is that not council owned?

You can find some interesting pictures of the future "stadium" at the link below:

http://eplanning.falkirk.gov.uk/online/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=MWWP9THC4X000

If you could manage to convince those that are developing this to include a terrace opposite that main stand, just 4 steps and a roof for example, then it would improve that ground no end. As it is in the plans, it looks like it will serve the purpose, but be a little lacking in soul.

Good luck to the Shire anyway, will be good to see them get into a home of their own.

Edit - something like what Barnet have built behind the goals at their new Hive stadium.

south-terrace-hive-stadium-barnet.jpg

I like the layout of the proposed ground and pitches. At least there is room to add terracing behind one goal and opposite the main stand if thete is a need for it. Even just allowing fans to stand behind the advertising boards around the pitch would be good. Plenty of Junior and Senior teams allow this. Brechin and Montrose spring to mind.

Our board know how important standing is to our supporters and it's been a long running grievance of ours since we started to rent Ochilview. I'd hazard a guess that more of our supporters want to stand than sit.

This makes me think that our plan with "New Firs Park" will be along the lines of what Annan have done over the years. When we open it, it'll be nothing more than a stand and a pavilion however over the years we'll roof the terrace. It's only a guess but our board are quite an accommodating bunch.

As regards to The Falkirk Community Stadium. This was mentioned when we left Firs Park (along with the Grangemouth Stadium) but at the time "both Falkirk Council & Falkirk FC made it abundantly clear that we would not be granted use of the stadium" (Les Thomson (spit!!)). That was of course 6 years ago so the club may have well approached the council since then, I honestly don't know.

That doesn't look very inspiring as a ground, but it will be good to see Shire back in their own home somewhere. Firs Park was a great awayday and is sadly missed.

It may be sacrilege, but is there really no way of sharing Falkirk stadium? Is that not council owned?

I don´t think it is good idea to share Falkirk stadium with Falkirk FC. Imagine the atmosphere there - this stadium is too big for few hundreds fans of East Stirlingshire. I think it is also important for Shire to keep its identity and stadium is for sure important part of identity.

It would be also interesting for me to know how many fans of East Stirlingshire disagree with proposed position of the stadium as it seems that it lies in the middle of nowhere (between Grangemouth and Polmont) and is even more far away from Bainsford (Falkirk) than Ochilview.

Little Kerse will be shared with Falkirk Juniors though.

It would be also interesting for me to know how many fans of East Stirlingshire disagree with proposed position of the stadium as it seems that it lies in the middle of nowhere (between Grangemouth and Polmont) and is even more far away from Bainsford (Falkirk) than Ochilview.

I've not heard/read of a single person who is against the proposed plans. We have always known that the likely hood of being granted permission to build our own was always going to be slim and land in Falkirk is pretty hard to come across.

This move gives us what we want, a place to call home. No longer will we be dictated to by another club who is making a good living off of us. It also gives us a chance to lay new routes and believe it or not, I would hazard a guess that most of out season ticket holders actually live outside Falkirk anyway so it makes no odds where we play.

Although it's a bright future, the past still sickens us. One man's greed has caused pretty much 20 years of hurt and he's been allowed to do it and none of our govern bodies have even attempted to stop him. We should still be playing at Firs Park but hey ho.

Archived