Clyde fc name change move to EK topic

Look, SLC have knocked back an offer of £175,000 for the land in EK because there would be a claw-back of plenty if they did sell it.

So things are still up in the air.

Things like this WILL take time.

If that is in reply to the Evening Times(?), how relevant is that to Clyde? The article doesn't mention us at all. A statement from the club regarding this would at least put everyone's mind at ease.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that is in reply to the Evening Times(?), how relevant is that to Clyde? The article doesn't mention us at all. A statement from the club regarding this would at least put everyone's mind at ease.

The board explained what the Evening Times said about difficulties buying the land not that long ago to CIC members.

I don't think there is anything wrong whatsoever with conversations, which are mostly relevant to everything concerning the club, growing arms and legs and with important questions being asked. Why shouldn't they be, if supporters (customers) are not satisfied with any number of issues (there are plenty) raising them rather than bury their heads in the sand is supposed to be a good thing. How can people moan at only 550 turning up.on average last year, without knowing the basics and reasons why so many have stayed away....i'm not saying that is the answer, but many of those who have stopped going voice their opinions here and or the OS. Would you rather they didn't care and didn't post at all?? Every question ive heard has been fair. Including those involving the appt of the new management team and whstever has happened to the tale of doom that was foretold. Next, you'll be collared for questioning anything. Its not on.

Good post :thumsup2

Would Barry Ferguson have signed up for a 3 year contract if Clyde's board had told him that they would always be playing at Broadwood with an ever increasing rent and no additional income and that he would have to scramble around booking council 7s pitches for training?

Or do you think he might have been persuaded by the potential of a club that after the bureaucracy was overcome would be moving to a brand new stadium in a new town?

Would Barry Ferguson have signed up for a 3 year contract if Clyde's board had told him that they would always be playing at Broadwood with an ever increasing rent and no additional income and that he would have to scramble around booking council 7s pitches for training?

Or do you think he might have been persuaded by the potential of a club that after the bureaucracy was overcome would be moving to a brand new stadium in a new town?

Barry might have a bit of ground they could build a park on.

The board explained what the Evening Times said about difficulties buying the land not that long ago to CIC members.

You decry any criticism re conspiracy theory but your statement above hits the nail on the head.

As a Foundation member I am not allowed to attend the AGM. All the doumentation produced purports to allow Foundation members knowledge of what is said at these meetings but this has not been the case which equals 'Mushroom management'.

It is not a CIC but a 'closed shop' intended to divide and conquer.

Rather than trying to encourage people such as myself they have gone out of their way to not engage and grow the CIC.

Is it any wonder people don't trust them?

The trust side have 2 years to get into the league from now, if that fails the stadium will be built for Clyde and the two sides will merge with the trust side becoming the youth arm.

Clyde are bizarre though, fan owned but dictated to by a non member who seems to have the board in his pocket. Be interesting how this looks five years from now. Just glad we got Ronnie.

Clyde are bizarre though, fan owned but dictated to by a non member who seems to have the board in his pocket. Be interesting how this looks five years from now. Just glad we got Ronnie.

When you dont own your own ground or have regular income that goes with most other home games thats what happens i suppose...

Not my choice but no others around or supporters either and that includes pre vote aswell,Dont let anyone fool ya..

You decry any criticism re conspiracy theory but your statement above hits the nail on the head.

As a Foundation member I am not allowed to attend the AGM. All the doumentation produced purports to allow Foundation members knowledge of what is said at these meetings but this has not been the case which equals 'Mushroom management'.

It is not a CIC but a 'closed shop' intended to divide and conquer.

Rather than trying to encourage people such as myself they have gone out of their way to not engage and grow the CIC.

Is it any wonder people don't trust them?

It does come across as having to pay an annual fee to be part of the club. At least that is how I feel - the fee amount is irrelevant.

When you dont own your own ground or have regular income that goes with most other home games thats what happens i suppose...

Not my choice but no others around or supporters either and that includes pre vote aswell,Dont let anyone fool ya..

We were fed on a diet of the "the club will end up playing on a public park " "EK clyde or nothing " We will save 10k in training costs" "we will fall though the pyramid " 14months on we are going for promotion who was fooled ?

Not me :)

Never sell your name never sell your history

Serious question yes voters on this forum would you still vote for a name change ?

I would, yes.

For me, staying at Broadwood was never leave or die but rather what is the best option for the club. I would personally prefer to see us progress as a team rather than struggle around in the basement league from getting next to no revenue from Broadwood and I feel a move is the best way to change this. I completely respect people's opinion that they wouldn't like to see us by any other name than Clyde, but even if the move happened they would still be Clyde to me and I'm sure to most people in Scotland wouldn't acknowledge it either.

One thing that irritates me though are the people staying away NOW because of something that hasn't happened yet. They say they wouldn't support a team that wasn't called Clyde, yet they're even refusing to support a team that had an extremely good season.

I would, yes.

For me, staying at Broadwood was never leave or die but rather what is the best option for the club. I would personally prefer to see us progress as a team rather than struggle around in the basement league from getting next to no revenue from Broadwood and I feel a move is the best way to change this. I completely respect people's opinion that they wouldn't like to see us by any other name than Clyde, but even if the move happened they would still be Clyde to me and I'm sure to most people in Scotland wouldn't acknowledge it either.

One thing that irritates me though are the people staying away NOW because of something that hasn't happened yet. They say they wouldn't support a team that wasn't called Clyde, yet they're even refusing to support a team that had an extremely good season.

Fair enough good honest argument even though I totally disagree

So where will Clyde play then once the lease at Broadwood expires. There is 3 (or possibly 2 years) left on the renegotiated lease on the stadium. The Colts are making noises about setting up there own senior team. If that happens they won't want Clyde in beside them. The problem with doing nothing and relying on E.K is that E.K might never happen and by the time the lease has expired the club will have nowhere to go.

Archived