Clyde fc name change move to EK topic

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says FannyFeatures. He who couldn't run into the Vaults quick enough the last time we got off the train!!! We know who you are!!!

Never been in the Vaults in my life, fish some more diddy.

There very well may be.

However, and for the purpose of the debate. lets assume you could and did, and won the vote.

What would then be the strategic plan for the club? It is all very well proposing a chnage in direction, but you need another direction to move in. You caanot just wander aimlessly. It would also weaken our position further potentially, as others will have seen both Broadwood and EK ruled out as a permanent home.

Secondly, having worked hard to convince the support of the strategy, what would be the plan if the Board either wholly or partially resigned at the lack of faith shown in their judgement?

Happy to listen to alternative well thought out plans, as I am sure most of us are.

Sorry i pressed the red arrow by accident when i meant to reply - no offence, I will green another of your posts.

It is an interesting point you raise here. Are the Directors not there to do what the owners want? Why should they be picking a strategy that the owners don't want and then trying to convince them of it? Surely their role is to investigate the options then present some choices.

What is the point in an elected board if they will only act in a way they want and resign should the actual owners prefer something else. They are meant to REPRESENT the fans, not intimidate and persuade them to follow a course of action.

ETA sorry, couldn't find a post by you that i was comfortable giving a green dot to you for. maybe later

Sorry i pressed the red arrow by accident when i meant to reply - no offence, I will green another of your posts.

It is an interesting point you raise here. Are the Directors not there to do what the owners want? Why should they be picking a strategy that the owners don't want and then trying to convince them of it? Surely their role is to investigate the options then present some choices.

What is the point in an elected board if they will only act in a way they want and resign should the actual owners prefer something else. They are meant to REPRESENT the fans, not intimidate and persuade them to follow a course of action.

ETA sorry, couldn't find a post by you that i was comfortable giving a green dot to you for. maybe later

Exactly????

They have never said they would resign and just another scare tactic by the ekclyde brigade To add to playing on a public park , falling out the league etc

Arent all three the same??? That the prospective move would help prevent our slide out the league altogether which was and is entirely possible, given the sheer velocity of the drop we've endured?? Im no apologist for either camp....but whether its scaremongering or not, the Yes propoganda machine was at first a huge success (for itself i may add) but has since gone on to shoot itself in both feet and kneecaps. I've said it before, serious questions need asked of those who put every egg we had into a basket no-one had even bought yet. As for the board, no i don't believe they are there to do just what the supporters/owners want. They are there supposedly because of the level.of business acumen, public relations, ability to promote the club and to be fair there aren't many of us who possess those skills. If and when we find those who have been elected do not either, then is the time to kick up.all manners of f**k. The club, in appointing BF have given themselves a fantastic chance of dodging the flak if the season begins well. They have been given enormous credit for a decision which sees us back in the public eye positively for the first time in eight and a half years, and if we succeeed, then it should provide all the ammo needed to raise the issue of EK-OK... EK-Clyde, On Yer Bike. If it falls on its arse, then there may not be the need for the civil war, but the chances are far greater for different reasons if we succeed again as Clyde FC.

Clyde's total disrespect to the people of Cumbernauld is the biggest disgrace in this whole sorry tale. Cumbernauld Develpoment Corporation build a stadium, The towns biggest Employer sponsored the club for years. This myth that the stadium rent is too expensive is nonsense, its only expensive because Clyde took the piss with the original 100 year lease which was buttons in comparison.

Now the club want to do a moonlight flit to East Kilbride to try and hoodwink another New Town only this time include their name. Isn't that nice - unwilling to include Cumbernauld in their name 20 years ago!

Kick Clyde out of Cumbernauld, the BMX track is back in the area after being demolished to accommodate the new Stadium (the replacement at St Mo's was crap) Now we need Clyde out of Cumbernauld to end a horrible chapter in the towns history. Get Cumbernauld Utd into Broadwood and try to get up the pyramid.

Clyde's total disrespect to the people of Cumbernauld is the biggest disgrace in this whole sorry tale. Cumbernauld Develpoment Corporation build a stadium, The towns biggest Employer sponsored the club for years. This myth that the stadium rent is too expensive is nonsense, its only expensive because Clyde took the piss with the original 100 year lease which was buttons in comparison.

Now the club want to do a moonlight flit to East Kilbride to try and hoodwink another New Town only this time include their name. Isn't that nice - unwilling to include Cumbernauld in their name 20 years ago!

Kick Clyde out of Cumbernauld, the BMX track is back in the area after being demolished to accommodate the new Stadium (the replacement at St Mo's was crap) Now we need Clyde out of Cumbernauld to end a horrible chapter in the towns history. Get Cumbernauld Utd into Broadwood and try to get up the pyramid.

Agree with a lot of this. How much is Clyde's rent compared to the up keep of a ground - my guess is its lower. Only thing in Clyde's defense would be that I am sure the stadium was partly built with pools money. Without the pools money no stadium.

Dont agree with teams changing names though, should never happen.

The worrying thing you actually sound like you stay in cumbernauld goin on your hobbies of bmx and stamp collecting

No doubt your in your late 30s/Early 40s. Still stay at home with mummy n daddy.Still wears 3buttons PJs and treats going into glasgow by bus as Wow Moment

Thanks for your input and run along

Wouldn't this be the same council which basically threatened to kick us out five years ago.......and on the renegotiations, stripped the stadium of ANY mention of Clyde whatsoever??? They have us in a lucky bag, despite turning their own blind eye for long enough as long as we were putting the place on the map.....as let's face it....not much else does. The vast vast majority of Cumbernauld based supporters i know support the club and whats best for it, and have their own opinions as to what that is. Now off you pop to prostrate yourself at the feet of Peter Houston, you mixed-up clown.

Clyde had a 100 year lease, why would that be re-negotiated? Perhaps Clyde stopped paying their rent perchance?

Its my understanding that the council bent over backwards for Clyde so often only to be let down time and time again that they gave you dos dedos mis amigos

As for Clyde putting Cumbernauld on the map, do me a favour. The plook on the arse of Cumbernauld isn't the town centre its Clyde football club.

You didn't answer my homie's question......are you a less than gruntled local or not??? The unpaid rent issue will cease to be one in about four months time. As it appears we are the only fucking club in the country thats actually been made to repay its debts (it was amazing how you lot made a Cup Final a year after Fulston almost did us all a favour), you can zip it with the bitching of big bad Clyde dipping the public purse. Given that i'd imagine there being links between Council members and Falkirk FC, during our non-payment years, its not hard to see why the blind eye was turned only to twist the knife when they thought they could get us. If it means so much to you, go down the Centre with a sandwich board and see what support you can drum up. You're about 22 years too late though....

How local do you need to be? The Cumbernauld development corporation which was centrally funded and payed for the stadium.

I no longer stay in North Lanarkshire Council area, but used too.I used to live very local to Broadwood.

Clyde had a CVA which screwed the creditors and even after that CVA Clyde still got behind on its rent. Meanwhile Fulston tried to kill Falkirk, put us in Volultary Administration, we came out of that and payed EVERY creditor 100p in the £ not like Dundee, Thistle, Livingston, Motherwell, Dundee again, Rangers and of course Clyde.

Falkirk's stadium always had to involve the council they owned 2/10s of the Brockville site. Its their fault we went for some ambitious stadium project instead of an Almondvale clone.

Why am I even comparing us with you lot, we might be crap, but at least we have fans that give a shit and have a local passion toward the club.

Clyde screwed the people of Cumbernauld, changing the name to name to EK Clyde is the ultimate slap in the face and hopefully one that will destroy the club.

So there's no one in Falkirk, who don't support them, who'd feel screwed about their Council dealings then??? I certainly know a few who are. I genuinely am scunnered that i had no idea how much loathing complete losers like you had for us...kinda wish i really rubbed in all our thrashings against you even more. Not many teams concede a hat-trick to two players in the one match!!

With the plastic pitch being used 90% capacity and big concerts bringing in trade to the community - I think even the most bitter Celtic Supporting Labour Party members of the council would have a hard time trying to cause damage to the Stadium and the club.

You could have had concerts at Broadwood if anyone actually gave a flying toss about your club....but enjoy those two hat-tricks and the odd thrashing, accomplished by having a team you could not afford and by diddling the tax payers out of money. Hope they keep you warm during the Ferguson years!

I'll wait until Clyde FC are no more, before having proper gloat, good night, :thumsup2

Archived