Clyde fc name change move to EK topic

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It should read move to EK and name change :) council won't sell them the land to build the stadium as 1.8 million to be repaid if so (apparently ) At a recent meeting EKFC management stated they plan to be in the league in 5 years so if clyde went there that would be two professional teams in EK, unless the plan as some think that it will be a merger of the two teams , only an opinion but doubt the board would get a yes if they held another vote now.

It should read move to EK and name change :) council won't sell them the land to build the stadium as 1.8 million to be repaid if so (apparently ) At a recent meeting EKFC management stated they plan to be in the league in 5 years so if clyde went there that would be two professional teams in EK, unless the plan as some think that it will be a merger of the two teams , only an opinion but doubt the board would get a yes if they held another vote now.

It would be a welcome new derby each season EKFC v EK Clyde.

I highly doubt the name change will happen

I really really hope so. The people who voted for the name change of this old club should be ashamed of themselves. Moving stadiums is fine but changing the clubs name is beyond vile

I don't think there is anything wrong whatsoever with conversations, which are mostly relevant to everything concerning the club, growing arms and legs and with important questions being asked. Why shouldn't they be, if supporters (customers) are not satisfied with any number of issues (there are plenty) raising them rather than bury their heads in the sand is supposed to be a good thing. How can people moan at only 550 turning up.on average last year, without knowing the basics and reasons why so many have stayed away....i'm not saying that is the answer, but many of those who have stopped going voice their opinions here and or the OS. Would you rather they didn't care and didn't post at all?? Every question ive heard has been fair. Including those involving the appt of the new management team and whstever has happened to the tale of doom that was foretold. Next, you'll be collared for questioning anything. Its not on.

Does seem to be a lack of proper discipline in place. No one seems to know what is going on with the move (or if they do, they are not disclosing but when you are a member owned club, isn't one of the rights is to be fully up to date with what is going on?)

I would 100% back a vote to revert the name change idea. All that did was stir emotion, en light in-fighting amongst fans and even lost fans and for what? Nothing to change a year down the line and let's face it, there doesn't appear to be any forward steps in place.

Having votes on bold ambitions is fine and well but I really do wonder what evidence the board had at the time that they should it would be sustainable. The pyramid came in at the worst possible time.

Edit: The club posted a statement last season banning 10 fans just hours after it happened and quelle surprise, it never materialised. There was no need to come out with something rash like that; the board know who was involved that night and all that was required was a quiet word in the ear and it would have been sorted. They are die hards after all but I can't believe that they thought it would have been a good idea to bring John Brown back by choice. The excuse I was fobbed off with was "They were good enough to come down and give us a game" - which still boils my blood just thinking about it. If that game cost the club £2k to be held then heaven knows how we made anything; there was only a couple of hundred in the ground.

I don't want to come into a thread about Barry Ferguson or Montrose v Clyde and have to sift through 10 pages of turgid shite that's been asked and answered about 100 times before. It drags the conversation hopelessly off topic.

This thread will hopefully help keep all the 'relevant' questions in one place without ruining all of the other ones where fans actually want to talk about on-field matters

Archived