Manchester United 14/15 thread

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would imagine Wenger will use the money they get for Vermaelen to bring in Caulker. He's wanted him for the last two seasons and spurs wouldn't sell him to Atsenal last season.

Man Utd are getting a very good experienced centre half. He's Arsenal captain for a reason and only lost his place due to injury then Per & Kos forming a good partnership. I think with 12 months left on his contract and 10-14 million fee being banded about, Arsenal are getting a good deal

Centre half, midfielder, 2 full backs and a winger/attacker required at the least. Ideally I'd have shaw and/or coleman, Hummels, Kroos and Muller/Robben come in. Can only see one or 2 of them coming though. Vermaelen hardly got a game for Arsenal last season so not amazed by that news. Better than smalling and evans though.

Is he not the one who turned United down last summer?

I think he might have been the one involved in that mental thing with the two guys with suitcases that had nothing to do with United. Sounded totally bizarre at the time.

Left back should be so far down Man Utd's list of priorities right now, with Evra a very solid player there. They should still be prioritising centre back and at least another central midfielder and wide player.

Plus £30 million seems excessive, but as we all know, English players are usually priced about twice as high as they should be.

30 million is a ridicolous fee for an 18 yesr old

Indeed, though left back is another position they desperately needed to improve.

Evra's past it, and the world cup has done nothing to change my mind on that.

ETA: they still need at least two more defenders and a winger.

Two signings, neither of which are world class players and its cost £58+ million. Scary.

Still 3 defenders and 3 midfielders required to make a team (not a squad, a team) that will compete with top 4 or 5 teams. How much will that cost?

A harsh financial lesson in not replacing gradually.

TD

Archived